Fingers crossed for Cowboy

Marlene

Little Cowboy has an interested admirer.

My husband was walking him yesterday when he met a neighborhood lady visiting her Mother.

They recently lost their Corgi and have a place in their heart and home for a new boy.  They are an older couple with grown children and grandchildren.

The Corgi, typical for his breed was a nipper, high strung and very smart.  They have years of experience dealing with handling a family dog who might bite.......no biggee if you just learn each other's quirks and foibles.  They have 3 cats, all older but all of them used to living with a dog.  I have not seen him around a cat but he doesn't seem to have much of a prey drive.

Send him good thoughts and wish us luck.......I'll let you know how it progresses.

• Like 10
ParadiseTzu

Sending bestest thoughts. You have done a good job with little Cowboy and that sounds like a just right match for a furever home.

• Like 7
Sophie's Haven

All paws crossed here for Cowboy.......sounds like a perfect match.........

• Like 4
missy dawn
16 hours ago, Marlene said:

Little Cowboy has an interested admirer.

My husband was walking him yesterday when he met a neighborhood lady visiting her Mother.

They recently lost their Corgi and have a place in their heart and home for a new boy.  They are an older couple with grown children and grandchildren.

The Corgi, typical for his breed was a nipper, high strung and very smart.  They have years of experience dealing with handling a family dog who might bite.......no biggee if you just learn each other's quirks and foibles.  They have 3 cats, all older but all of them used to living with a dog.  I have not seen him around a cat but he doesn't seem to have much of a prey drive.

Send him good thoughts and wish us luck.......I'll let you know how it progresses.

I am so hoping this works out!

• Like 5
Marlene

Feeling positive this morning :-)  Cowboy's admirer stopped by again this morning on her way home (she was visiting her Mother). She wanted to make sure I had enough contact info and to let me know she was going to access the website and get things started.  Cowboy remembered her and was excited and sweet with her.

Please please please let this be "the one" - it's just what I would have picked for him.

So.......now we wait and see if she follows through with the paperwork. 

She will be back over to the coast to pick up her Mother in about a week...........

• Like 9
PipsMom

Good encouraging sign she came over and followed up....She sounds serious .. Fingers crossed your on your way to a loving home Cowboy

• Like 5
Marlene

They sent in the application for adoption........:clap::cheer:

I was secretly fretting because she said "back in the day" when they adopted their Corgi (who recently passed) her husband said he didn't like small dogs :-(  But she mentioned in her email he is excited about her "magical find".

Fingers crossed doing a photo home visit will work and that having 3 cats is not a red flag (they have all lived with the Corgi).

• Like 9
Missysmom

Yay soo happy to hear she did an application!:clap:Praying all goes well through out the process and Cowboy finds his perfect furever home!

• Like 4
Sophie's Haven

Such GREAT news.......and that Cowboy remember her from the last contact is a good sign.......

• Like 4
laketzu

If she's anything like me when I make a decision to do something (especially adding a new member to the family), she's probably pacing at home and thinking "I hope my application really went through... When are they going to call me back!?...I hope I didn't say something that they'll reject me!... What if another family gets him?" I think her heart is set. ?

• Like 6
Marlene
3 hours ago, laketzu said:

If she's anything like me when I make a decision to do something (especially adding a new member to the family), she's probably pacing at home and thinking "I hope my application really went through... When are they going to call me back!?...I hope I didn't say something that they'll reject me!... What if another family gets him?" I think her heart is set. ?

When she came by to visit him on the day she left........her last words as she hugged him were "Ooooooh I wish I could take you home right now". 

I am keeping her up to date on exactly what I hear from the Rescue.

A contributing glitch at the moment is the the huge wild fire burning at Big Sur CA.  It's in the same county as the rescue and we're working with the local SPCA to find temporary homes for evacuated pets.

• Like 8
Summerangel

This sounds promising. He's got such a gorgeous face ? Fingers crossed 

• Like 5
Marlene

I found a rescue contact in the area who is going to do the home visit this coming Monday.  The Rescue and I feel this is going to be

a perfect home for Cowboy......just need the formality of the home safety check done.

Starting to miss him already.

• Like 6
Missysmom

Sooo excited, can't hardly wait for Monday! Praying the home visit goes well and our sweet Cowboy will be on his way to his furever home! Cowboy we'll miss you too sweetie, you gotta get your new moma to join the forum and keep us posted on you sweetie! ;) 

• Like 3
Marlene
3 minutes ago, Missysmom said:

Sooo excited, can't hardly wait for Monday! Praying the home visit goes well and our sweet Cowboy will be on his way to his furever home! Cowboy we'll miss you too sweetie, you gotta get your new moma to join the forum and keep us posted on you sweetie! ;) 

I'll tell her about the forum........she's probably going to have a lot of questions about caring for a Shih Tzu!

• Like 5
missy dawn
19 hours ago, Marlene said:

I'll tell her about the forum........she's probably going to have a lot of questions about caring for a Shih Tzu!

Great idea

• Like 2