Doggie Depends

Sophie's Haven

As most of you know our Missy turned 14 in December 2016 and other than hearing and vision she is fine but now over the past two weeks has gotten lazy when it comes to using the potty pad in the house......if she is not close to it she will squat and do her puddle. So I got some doggie diapers for her to use in the house between going outside at our potty times. I put one on her and I felt so embarrassed for her......they looked uncomfortable and unsightly.......not only that they cost a fortune for the amount that you get. So over the past two days I designed a romper for her to wear when in the house.........it has a hole just for her tail to fit thru too.....

58b2ed2f806b3_missy002.JPG.a25808bee2dc2c0f471a4fbf6e3894cc.JPG

Everything is Velcro hook-ups easy on easy off........I have some adjustments to make on the pattern yet  but it stays on her.....more comfortable.......and looks more fashionable than a diaper hanging from a tab........plus ladies maxi pads are a lot cheaper. I felt so bad for Missy that I thought it  best to come up with something nice to wear and not so obvious that she is wearing a diaper.........so she now has her Diaper Romper.

• Like 8
Jo-Anne

Jeannine that is just great! you made Missy her Diaper Romper. She looks very comfy in it. Missy you are one lucky paw having a Mum like yours..14 years you allready are..uhumm I understand you being like your mum says..a bit lazy sweetie..

• Like 7
Marlene

What a kind and thoughtful Mama you have........she turned one of the indignities of old age into a fashion statement.  And a very youthful one!

• Like 7
Sunlite

I used diapers for Baby for a year...

Yes they are expensive and how creative of you making that wonderful romper! She does look fashionable too!

• Like 6
Sophie's Haven

Today is the first day she has worn it and what a difference......those diapers were not only awful to look at but they were not easy to put on and over time Missy manage to work her way out of them as she likes to roll around in the dog beds. Friday was her first day of wearing the diaper and today when we came in from going out to do our business at 11:30 as soon as I walked in the door normally she heads right to the kitchen as she knows lunch is coming but today she waited for me to come in to put her romper on.......amazing....who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  She walks around in front of her siblings strutting her stuff cause she has something they don't ......I know that sounds korny but that is the impression you get when you watch her......her tail is wagging and she carries her head high and just walks as pretty as you please in front of them all........of course the first time she had it on everyone had to come sniff out the new outfit..... Just too funny.....of course I am grateful she likes wearing it......better then those awful diapers. 

• Like 6
PipsMom

Loving her new romper, your so ingenious...Bet she does think she is lady of the manor with her styling new fashion no one else wears....., you stutt your stuff girl :clap:

• Like 5
Summerangel

I love it, what an amazing idea. She looks so cool in it... I did chuckle when you said she was strutting her stuff in front of the others....  

You go girl!!! ?

• Like 6
Missysmom

Oh my Missy you are adorable in your romper sweetie! I know my Missy is jealous of it so I know you brother and sisters are even more so!:D what a wonderful and talented mommy you have, super job Jeannie!

• Like 5
Sophie's Haven

Missy Thanks you all for your kind comments and Thanks me for not taking a picture of her in her ugly diaper.....I am ashamed to say when I first put it on her the hubby and I has a good laugh and then I said we need to stop one day we may have to be wearing diapers and I sure don't want you laughing at me or me at you......so the brain went in overtime to create something for her......I find I do my best thinking at 3am....that is when I wake up and I start picturing how I am going to make or I will work on a project and when I get time during the day will do it....I am amazed I don't suffer from headaches as my mind/brain  is always working overtime.........and @Jo-Anne I did not make the collar......collars are like jewelry I have a basket full of them in the doggie closet just for the girls and Bailey has a basket of his own also.......I see a collar I like I buy it......Bill just shakes his head.

• Like 6
Summerangel

Other women collect shoes, you collect collars... 

We completely understand ??

Oh yeah girlfriend !!! we know, cos we do it for our babies too :roflmao:

• Like 5