Bringing home older rescue

Guest Fannie

Guest Fannie

Hello,

I have 2 shih tzus now a 2yr old and 1yr old both males..I am thinking about bringing home a 5yr old female rescue. She is in need of a mama and a safe home.. my question is how do I do this without too much crazyness not only for my Boyz but also for our new little girl. I'm sure she's going to be very confused. Any help would be appreciated. Or am I crazy for wanting to bring another furbaby home?

• Like 2

Good on you for wanting to bring this rescue girl into your home.  With a rescue you don't really know what you're getting until you get them home and they settle-in, but "most" Shih Tzu adjust well to new surroundings as long as they know they are loved.  They will then return the love 1000-fold.  Here's a secret:  the girl will end-up running the house.  In the dog world we have a saying:  "There's a reason they're called bitches" lol.  My boys think they're all that and a bag of chips, but the girls keep them in line.  Hope you will give her a chance!

• Like 2
Sunlite
17 hours ago, Guest Fannie said:

Hello,

I have 2 shih tzus now a 2yr old and 1yr old both males..I am thinking about bringing home a 5yr old female rescue. She is in need of a mama and a safe home.. my question is how do I do this without too much crazyness not only for my Boyz but also for our new little girl. I'm sure she's going to be very confused. Any help would be appreciated. Or am I crazy for wanting to bring another furbaby home?

Good for you! As Luna stated they usually adjust very well. Please consider joining so that others will see your posts and you'll be able to share pictures and stuff! Currently your posts are only visible to Chatter Staff  :)

• Like 1
PipsMom

Hello Fannie, please join up a lot of us have introduced a new dog into the family and all the members have their own little tricks what worked for their household.... Can't wait to see pictures of all your paw family