Car booster seat

Summerangel

Summerangel

I’ve been looking for a booster seat for sometime now, so the paws sit higher up in the car as Lacey doesn’t travel too well. Esme Grace is fine traveling in a car. 

So you’ll notice in my siggy, some pictures of the seat. These photos were taken just as I had  unpacked it, and they wanted to try it straight away. 

Lacey and Esme Grace has been sleeping in it in the living room, treating it as a sofa. 

But the real test would be in the car. So today we took a family member somewhere and decided to take the paws as well to see how they get on. It would be a 4 hour round trip. We stopped for 45 minutes when we arrive at our destination  and they had a walk and done their business. 

Lacey was okish on the way there, she wasn’t too sure where to sit and every now and again she would move. Esme Grace settled down straight away. On the way back Lacey really settled down and even went to sleep. So I’m thinking the booster seat has the thumbs up!  Can’t wait to use it on our holiday. 

Heres some pictures of them in the car.

30_BF6033-_B54_F-4457-_BD09-0_BD7_C3_B22

160_BD0_AB-7_EDF-4_E94-918_E-_BEBFE69529

401747_D8-_DCA8-4_FA7-_ACF0-_FD60_E37194

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Marlene

I had  been wondering about that bed........thought it might be a carseat.  Shorty has a similar one - not that big.  He loves looking out the window and will do it for a long, long time.  Our other dogs have always just hopped in, looked around for a few minutes then settle down to snooze away the trip.

Do you secure it?  Ours goes in the back (with the back seat folded down flat.  It is then bungee corded onto the back of the front seat - nice and secure.

Very nice ?

Edited by Marlene
Summerangel
18 minutes ago, Marlene said:

I had  been wondering about that bed........thought it might be a carseat.  Shorty has a similar one - not that big.  He loves looking out the window and will do it for a long, long time.  Our other dogs have always just hopped in, looked around for a few minutes then settle down to snooze away the trip.

Do you secure it?  Ours goes in the back (with the back seat folded down flat.  It is then bungee corded onto the back of the front seat - nice and secure.

Very nice ?

The seat goes through the channels at the back 

E2_DFAB46-_D5_B8-4045-9_B6_B-5_C4_C23_D4

and their tethers attach to the seatbelt and onto their harness 

08_DA94_EF-0115-4530-801_D-5_A65_C54332_

I think Lacey must be one of these that takes a while to settle down. I wish I had of found this seat sooner. It’s actually produced in  USA. I found a supplier over here. 

Edited by Summerangel
  • Like 4
Summerangel
1 hour ago, Marlene said:

I did consider this one as I like the look of it too, but it wasn’t big enough. What’s it made from? 

1 hour ago, PipsMom said:

I love it !!!!!!

Thank you 

• Like 1
Marlene
29 minutes ago, Summerangel said:

I did consider this one as I like the look of it too, but it wasn’t big enough. What’s it made from? 

Thank you 

It's sort of a twill/canvas "suitcase" fabric on the outside with sort of a faux velvety/suede quilted fabric inside.   It is zippered to come off and be washed.  Shorty goes in the car at least twice a day for a walk in the "great outdoors" (he can get dirty) so I keep a small blanket over the bed to be removed and washed more often. 

Tip about ordering on Amazon - check to see if they have any of the item listed as "used".  I took a chance once and found out it was a perfectly new un-damaged item but the box was ratty.  I have done that 3-4 times and it's always been that case - just the box is not presentable.  The first time was for a dog bed and I saved about $25.

• Like 1
Summerangel
2 minutes ago, Marlene said:

It's sort of a twill/canvas "suitcase" fabric on the outside with sort of a faux velvety/suede quilted fabric inside.   It is zippered to come off and be washed.  Shorty goes in the car at least twice a day for a walk in the "great outdoors" (he can get dirty) so I keep a small blanket over the bed to be removed and washed more often. 

Good idea. My cover is washable, but I have a lovely cream blanket that I could use as a cover, to save keep washing the seat cover itself. Thanks for the idea ? 

• Like 1
Jo-Anne
15 hours ago, Summerangel said:

It’s actually produced in  USA. I found a supplier over here. 

Julia it is a great car seat, looks so soft and yet firm. Who is your supplier? cause I am very interested. Been looking for years for a good and nice car seat.

• Like 3
Summerangel
7 hours ago, Jo-Anne said:

Julia it is a great car seat, looks so soft and yet firm. Who is your supplier? cause I am very interested. Been looking for years for a good and nice car seat.

https://snoozerpetproducts.com/dog-beds-car-seats/lookout-car-seats-snoozer/dog-car-seats-lookout-1/

Snoozer ... 

Theres a lookout 1 and a lookout 2. I have the lookout 2 as it’s bigger. For one paw you’d probably need the lookout 1 in a medium depending on size of your paw. 

• Like 2
Jo-Anne
43 minutes ago, Summerangel said:

https://snoozerpetproducts.com/dog-beds-car-seats/lookout-car-seats-snoozer/dog-car-seats-lookout-1/

Snoozer ... 

Theres a lookout 1 and a lookout 2. I have the lookout 2 as it’s bigger. For one paw you’d probably need the lookout 1 in a medium depending on size of your paw. 

1201559c6q3pm1zaf.gif

They also have a very interesting ramp.

• Like 2
Missysmom

Love the pics of the girls in their new car seat! So glad Lacey could settle and enjoy being in the car now, great job! 

• Like 3
Sunlite

Thats a great carseat! We just use our large puppy beds, 2 per and it's worked fine but this gives nice height. So glad you found something to help Lacy settle down...

• Like 2