Kitten

Marlene

It's always sumthin.......said Gilda Radner.
Big excitement around here. I'm caring for a neighbor's dog so have 3 troublemakers underfoot 1f642.png? 
There has also been a tiny black kitten hanging around for a few days. I have noticed food out so I know neighbors are feeding it. It's been crying at night and I can hear it 1f641.png? But I've been busy and didn't worry too much about the lil one.
Yesterday it apparently wandered through our tiny courtyard and the visiting dog tore through the screen slider.........which left a nice big hole. Didn't hurt kitty.
Yesterday I noticed it was hanging out under The Big Guy's truck on the spare tire mounted under there. That upped my worry as I was afraid it would get hit. Then last night I heard it crying again so went out with some dog food and coaxed it close. It only took about 15 minutes and 5 failed tries to grab him but I finally did.
I quickly put him in a puppy crate in the garage with a blankie and covered the crate - put another small handful of dog kibble in there. He was quiet as a mouse.
I switched him into a large crate this morning, fed him some chicken. After meowing bloody murder for a few minutes he was quiet when I covered the crate.
I would foster him in a second but just can't with 3 dogs here.....so it's off to the shelter with "Ebony" this morning.....and The Big Guy is getting the screen repaired 1f615.png?

• Like 4
Sunlite

I'm sure being a kitten that someone will adopt him up in no time! So sweet of you to take care of him though, especially with your hands full already!

• Like 1
Marlene

Darn kitten......he WOULD purr every time I picked him up! I hated to hand him off at the shelter. There were 7 other strays and feral kittens waiting when I was there.

Image may contain: cat

• Like 2
Crinkly

aw, thank you Marlene.  Poor little munchkin.

The pic link didn't work for me :(

But I have lots of pics of my own black kitten from 27 years ago, so I know the cuteness overload!  lol.

Edited by Crinkly
  • Like 2