Lost my Lhaso Apso Friday Nov 30th

Im the poster of lost 2 shihzu's in one month.  My heart breaks yet again. I lost Miracle, my Lhaso apso last friday to Lymphoma.  He started just picking at his food a few days before thanksgiving.  Still a healthy (I thought) 16 pounder. The day after Thanksgiving he did not eat at all so I got him in the car and took him to the vet.  My vet took xrays and blood work.  He came back to me and had a look of concern on his face.  He told me to come back in his office to look at the xrays which should Miracle had an enlarged liver and that something was terribly wrong.  I consented to a biopsy which showed he had cancer of the liver.   My heart broke once again.  My vet told me the thing was I got these little guys years ago all around the same age.  Miracle was born on new years day and would have been 14 next month.  My other babies were born 10 months before. So they all grew old together and seem to all started to getting sick around the same time.  I mentioned chemo and they said they only do chemo when dog were still feeling ok.  The thing is,  I would have never thought Miracle was that sick. He stopped eating a few days before, but still got around ok for his age..   And also my vet told me dogs are good at hiding their illness.  I left him there after Thanksgiving praying I had more time with him and hoping he would respond to the fluids, nausea meds, and prednisone but he did not. I went to see him daily to hold him and take as many photo's as I could with him. He always stood up when he saw me and never lost the will to live.  Before his euthanasia he was still trying to stand and wagged his tail slowly.  I held him until he was gone and he new he was loved.  So now my crew is dwindling. Being human I wonder who will be next because all are up in age.  My vet told me I needed a puppy.  I said no not now, maybe never again. So here is my Miracle Whip (his nickname) at a few days old in an Easter basket at the breeders and at my home his first day with me at 8 weeks.   The other pics are of him at the vets of me holding him in my lap and the other in his crate at the vets with his fluids hooked to the front of the crate. He was smiling at his mama for the pic.  The hurt I feel is almost unbearable.

Resized_20181129_100140.jpeg

MiracleandMom.jpeg

puppy2.jpeg

puppy.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
Missysmom

Oh my gosh Mel my heart breaks for you. There are no words...  hugs dear lady you’ve been through more than anyone should have to in such a short time. :throb:

• Like 1
Pawz4me

I'm so sorry. One is so hard, I can imagine that this many in such a short time really is unbearable.

• Like 2
Sunlite

Oh Mel...  I have no words but so much sorrow. My heart breaks...to say you've suffered immensely is putting it mildly. 

May you find peace that your babies are all reunited at the bridge, pain free and will reunite with you one day. Hugs to you.  

• Like 2