She Loves him more

Ellie Loves her daddy more than me. yup it’s true when he leaves the house she cries like she has been locked in her crate for hours - she keeps going to the door and will sit, bark, and cry - even distracting her does not help (whoever said they forget after 90 seconds lies) and when he comes back whether it is five min later or 2 hours later it is like he has been away for hours - she demands to be picked up so she can shower him with hugs and kisses and is super excited.

when i come home she looks up and barely gives me a whats up.

i feed her, play with her, watch her all day - i wipe her bum, face shower her with kisses but it’s hom she loves best - he can’t even go to the bathroom without her sticking her paws under the door trying to feel him LOL 

she is definitely daddy’s girl but I cant help feeling a little hurt    Does anyone here feel the same? 

Or is it just me being sensitive lol 

43D2ACD9-851E-4665-9445-EF281C06EF45.thumb.jpeg.9c37e250241add01b2ad61feb288467c.jpeg

• Like 1
Pawz4me

I think many, if not most, dogs tend to attach themselves more to one person than to another, and it can be especially obvious with lap dogs (much more so than, for example, a Lab or other big, goofy, friendly-to-everybody type). I think it hurts my husband's feelings sometimes that Yogi is 1000 percent my dog. I have suggested to him repeatedly that the remedy for that is for us to get another one. That's iffy, of course, because the other dog might end up being mine, too. But I'm still trying to get him to fall for it. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Marlene

Shorty loves his Daddy......but he worships me.  Daddy is in charge of walks and Shorty is always *right there* when asked if he's ready to go.  But I am the food goddess and he wants me in his sight at all times.

The Big Guy knows I am #1 but he doesn't mind - he gets enough Shorty lap time to keep him happy.

• Like 3
Crinkly

I am Cato’s No 1, but for the first couple of years, Tara WORSHIPPED Mr C.

she followed him, llooooovvvvveeeeeeeddd him, was distraught when he went out, whiney when he went to the loo, and wanted to sit beside me, and always sat on him.

:ohyeah:

i rather liked it, because Cato was/is very much a Mummy’s Boy, and had felt that Dad was left out.

over the last two years (Tara is now 4), she has settled down, and Cato has begun to realise that there IS another human in the world.  Haha!  I think the key thing is the walking.  Mr C has shift work, and I work from home, so they get regular lunchtime walks from me, and irregular anytime walks (including visiting breakfast cafes) from Dad.

like Marlene, I think there are two ways to trigger a dog’s devotion; walks and food.

but the BEST way is to take them for a walk (= a hunt) and then feed them after (= a successful hunt)

that is basically a shortcut to pack bonding. :ohyeah:

• Like 3