Elliottpup

How long did it take for your pups to walk on a leash. Elliott seems to take to it sometimes while other times tries to lie down and attempts to eat grass and whatever is on the ground. I finally found a harness that fits him without him wiggling out of it.

• Like 1
Pawz4me

I don't remember!

I think what he's doing is normal for his age.

I can tell you that somewhere along the way--and fairly early on--Yogi turned into an excellent leash walker. And it was much more from constant practice than due to formal training. He doesn't formally heel (I've never been a huge fan of that, except for when walking in crowds) but he never pulls and he stops/waits when I tell him to.

• Like 1
Elliottpup

I feel Elliott is doing pretty well. I think it helps when I have Lyla out because he tries to keep up with her :clap:

• Like 2
Marlene

We have found Shorty G (the G stands for gangster) walks much nicer on harness than leash.  Maybe it just makes us feel better that he's not pulling with a collar on his neck and tiny trachea.  But Shorty is always the path finder....zooming around out front - he's not sure what he's looking for but he is busy, busy, busy. He never moseys anywhere - from first time in the morning to last thing at night, racing me up the stairs.......he is IN CHARGE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1