Introducing Bella !

Well after losing 2 elderly shihtzu's and one Lhasa last September and November my heart led me to this sweet baby girl.  This is Bella and she is 3 months old.  I bought her on yesterday and she is very loving, sweet, full of energy, and demands attention at all times.  I picked her out of a litter of 3.  She slept well last night but woke up at 5 a.m. this morning wanting to play but that is okay.  We played a while, ate breakfast, went to the store, came home, played outside for a while and now she is sleeping.  I haven't had a puppy in 13 years but it is coming back to me how much work it is and how much energy they have.  She and my other shihtzu Precious are getting along well which I knew they would because Precious is very loving and sweet.  She is acting like she is the mama and watching Bella's every move.

Bella1.jpeg

Bella2.jpeg

Bella3.jpeg

• Like 5
Sunlite

Oh Mel, happy to hear that you got Bella! She will be a great comfort to you. She's gorgeous!

• Like 1
Marlene

Puppies!  Gotta love 'em - Mother Nature demands it and we're suckers.

She's a pretty girl.

• Like 2

Thank you all.  She is the sweetest baby girl. I took a nap today and had her on the couch with me.  She came and laid her head right on my chest and we napped together.  The breeder told me she was very lovable.  I sent her a picture of Bella today and she was very happy that she was adjusting well in her new home.  She has one puppy left, a little girl.  I am tempted to get her but I have a 15 year old shihtzu Buddy who has horrible arthritis and his back legs are not  sturdy and give out sometimes and sometimes I have to carry him so I have to block that out of my mind.  But otherwise the vet says he is ok for an old guy still eats and drinks good but I have to think about him and his care but happy little Bella came into my life.

• Like 3
missy dawn

So glad you got her, what a beautiful baby.love the color!

• Like 2

New Bella pics.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The first one is her on the couch,.  The next in my mom's bed.  And the last 2 are her and Precious waiting to be called at the vets for their checkups.  This little girl keeps me on my toes.

Couch.jpeg

Bed.jpeg

Doctor.jpeg

Doctor2.jpeg

• Like 2
Sunlite

Sweet pictures, Mel. So glad all is going well.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Just an update.  Bella's growing into a big girl.  She is teething and biting on everything.  She is a little over 4 months old and doing great. It's hard to see her face because it is mostly black but here is my sweet baby girl who loves to lay on my laptop, explore outside and the last two pics are of her at my job  lounging around on one of the tables.  I picked the perfect puppy for the family.

Resized_20190725_100234.jpeg

Resized_20190726_152518.jpeg

Resized_20190727_113713.jpeg

Resized_20190727_120420.jpeg

Resized_20190727_120427.jpeg

• Like 3
Summerangel

Bella is absolutely beautiful. Puppies are hard work , but so adorable too 

lovely pictures of her 

• Like 2
Sunlite

Puppies are a lot of fun as well as work but they don't stay that way for long. Enjoy the ride!

Oh and I adore Himilyan chews for them. They are harder and last longer than bullys and when they get small, you can microwave the piece where it expands and is like a hard biscuit they can eat meaning no waste.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Well here is Baby Bella. (Her nickname) She will be 7 months old on the 18th of this month.  Not much of a baby anymore.:(  I still lug her around.  We went to the vet today and she was a whopping 9 pounds but very lean.  She went to visit her mom and dad today (at the breeders) .  Mom was not to thrilled but dad ran and played with her.  She is very rough and will run and jump on other dogs wanting to play.  The breeder said she cannot believe she weighs that much.  Bella's dad weighs 9.5 pounds and her mom is 12 pounds.   She might not get much bigger but if she does that's fine because she will always be my baby girl.:blush:   Bella's mom and dad is the black and white one sitting on the wooden floor and mom is the gold and white one and the breeder just sent me a picture of her other shihtzu that just had babies at 4 am this morning.  

Resized_20190821_140012.jpeg

Resized_20190823_100548.jpeg

Resized_20191012_083945.jpeg

Resized_20191012_084205.jpeg

123951.jpeg

Belladad.jpg

Mombella.jpeg

Edited by mel
More pics
  • Like 2