No potty in New Place

Oskar270

Our Molly was 2 on June 4th. She's very well house trained & has no “accidents” in the house. We trained Molly from the start to still do her business inside the

house on a training pad & also outside as we take her for daily walks.

However, we moved about 1 month ago & although we set her up with the training pad (we kept one that she had used) in one of our bathrooms she has used it a couple of times but now refuses to do so & holds it in for over 24 hours until we bring her out for a walk & them she's ok with outside. As our winters get very, very cold we would like to keep the habit of the training pad in the house.

We've tried making her stay on the pad for 5-10 min but she still refuses to go. We think the couple of times she did in her new place is because she couldn't hold it any longer & we happened to be in the bathroom with her.

We want her to be happy in our new place & keep the habit of doing her business inside & outside. Besides the above problem Molly seems to enjoy the new place, she is playfull, eats/drinks well and sleeps with us like before

Does anyone have any idea how to handle this? /Thank you for your help.

• Like 1
Pawz4me

The same thing happened to us -- at our previous house Yogi would both use a pee pad when needed and go outside when it was convenient. We moved three years ago and he never used a pee pad after that. At this house he's always wanted to go outside. For us it's no big deal other than the rare times we're gone for a long time. Our climate is fairly mild, so weather isn't a huge issue.

So I don't have any advice, but I wanted to let you know that Molly isn't alone in that bit of doggy weirdness. And I wouldn't make her hold it. That might trigger a UTI or other health issue. It's really not good for her at all.

• Like 1
Oskar270

Thanks Pawz4me for taking the time. You are lucky your Yogi can go outside anytime but us up north is not easy in the winter. We still have a few months before the winter and we hope by then she might go back to her old habits

• Like 2