4 yr old urinating in house

My 4 yr old boy has suddenly started going in the house. Nothing has changed in his routine. He has a fenced in yard open to him at all times through a doggie door 

he is one of 5 dogs,  he is the only shih tzu. They all grew up together and sleep and play together. Never any tension. I have no idea what is going on in his little mind, he seems to know

that he did wrong. Help

• Like 1
Pawz4me

Welcome, Roberta!

I agree with Jo-Anne. Any time a trustworthy dog starts having accidents the first step should be a vet visit to rule out physical causes. There are quite a few things that could cause it, and of course a UTI is at the top of the list. If he checks out okay then I'd start wondering if something outside scared him, and now he's reluctant to go back out.

• Like 2
Marlene

You might want to try a belly band on him - the boys usually accept them quickly.  I think we have folks here who use them.

• Like 1
Sunlite

First is he neutered? Are all your other dogs neutered or has anyone else started marking? Is he actually urinating or is it marking to claim..  This is mine...in a house full of dogs it's a common thing! Is it possible there's a female in heat nearby? Lots of possibilities. Belly bands will most definitely help solve the marking but still finding out why would be better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1