Our family has expanded

Summerangel

Summerangel

What can I say. 

We have been blessed with a new baby, we picked him up yesterday. 

He’s a liver and white and is 8 weeks old 

Say hi to Reuben Bruce 

2BD73800-7AEA-4E4E-ADF3-36A0EB232932.jpeg

• Like 7
Marlene

I can't stand it!!!  NEW PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know I can't add another fur baby but if I could just foster one it would make me sooooo happy!

Reuben Bruce is adorable.  Now.....will he stay that color?

• Like 5
Summerangel
4 hours ago, Marlene said:

I can't stand it!!!  NEW PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know I can't add another fur baby but if I could just foster one it would make me sooooo happy!

Reuben Bruce is adorable.  Now.....will he stay that color?

Awwwwww wish we lived closer, we could share . 

I think he’ll go lighter, you can see his new growth is lighter. 

But I could sit and kiss and cuddle him all day long. Obviously I don’t :D

1 hour ago, Crinkly said:

Absolutely adorable! :cloud9:

Thanks xx

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu

Precious!  I am so excited for you

• Like 3
Crinkly

Is Reuben related to Esme and Lacey?

he is gorgeous, but I don’t envy you grooming 3 of them!  All I have to do with Jasmine is wipe her eyes... :cheezy:

• Like 2
Summerangel
22 hours ago, PipsMom said:

Im over the moon happy because you finally got your little man :clap: 

I have and he’s adorable, thank you 

On 8/13/2019 at 10:26 AM, ParadiseTzu said:

Precious!  I am so excited for you

Awwwww thank you. Hope you are all well 

22 hours ago, Crinkly said:

Is Reuben related to Esme and Lacey?

he is gorgeous, but I don’t envy you grooming 3 of them!  All I have to do with Jasmine is wipe her eyes... :cheezy:

Yes, when I chose Esme it was between two girls, the other girl is Reuben’s mum. So we have Esme’s nephew. 

Edited by Summerangel
  • Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Sunlite

I just love that you got your little man! He is precious! :baby:

• Like 2

So cute!!!! My husband says no more doggies :( Ellie’s birth mom (haha) is expecting and I really really want another one even tho Ellie is not yet a year old lol enjoy your new little baby boy 

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu
7 hours ago, Ellie18 said:

So cute!!!! My husband says no more doggies :( Ellie’s birth mom (haha) is expecting and I really really want another one even tho Ellie is not yet a year old lol enjoy your new little baby boy 

Oh, they all say that until they see that cute little puppy’s face.  So keep working on it :D

• Like 3

I am I keep asking Ellie where her sister Chloe is and my husband tells her she does not have a sister LOL not nice - so a bit jealous of you :)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Summerangel
On 8/29/2019 at 9:51 PM, Ellie18 said:

I am I keep asking Ellie where her sister Chloe is and my husband tells her she does not have a sister LOL not nice - so a bit jealous of you :)

He’s a handful, but I wouldn’t change him 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
babybluegirl

Aww, what lovely news that you have a new addition :) Do you have a lovely photo of the three of them together?

babybluegirl 

7:04pm

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

:throb: Congratulations.........he is adorable right along with such a great name. 

• Like 1
Summerangel

Well, things are not running as smoothly as I’d like. 

Lacey has always been the top dog. 

As Reuben can’t jump up on the sofa yet, if he tries to and he does it near lacey, she fly off the sofa after him. We’ve had a few times where she has done this. He’s not going for her, he just wants to get up near Esme. 

Today Lacey was  on my lap and I needed to get up so she woke up and jumped off my lap. Esme went straight up to her to play and Lacey pinned her to the floor. My reaction was to grab Lacey and tell her off. 

I’ve just sat here in tears. My nerves aren’t shattered. 

Lacey was a little snappy with Esme when went first brought her home,  laying down the rules but I didn’t go on like this. 

Maybe I’m fussing too much. 

• Like 1
ParadiseTzu

I think every situation is different and I know you will watch over this carefully. I just wanted you to know I went thru this with Sassy Mae and Willie.  She snarled nastily every time he came even somewhat close to her.  Willie is a very lively little dog and Sassy Mae wants no part of playing with him.  It took her a good two years to stop snarling but she never bit him or anything like that.  He is 4 now and she still won’t play with him but she tolerates being in my lap with him.  

• Like 4
Summerangel

Lacey was holding on to Esme by some of her long hair, but she hasn’t bitten any of them. I’ve seen no bite marks at all 

• Like 2
Sophie's Haven

First thing first......... there is always going to be the TOP DOG of the house (and it ain't us) when you have more than one dog.  Sophie does not express herself in anyway nasty  but all she has to do is show her teeth/fangs and they all back off except for Bailey. Being the male he feels he is the TOP DOG but Sophie and Bailey respects each others space and have from the beginning, but when Lexie came into the picture that was a complete different story. Bailey would lay into her if she even thought about getting to close, even to this day (after 8 years) he still reminds her but when he wants to play rough Lexie is one he loves to wrestle with. Winnie and Bailey are playmates but Winnie will put Bailey in his place at times. Personally once a RESPECT ZONE is laid out  you will find that they will all get along......... Lacey may never be overly friendly with him but over time once she realizes the fact that brother is not going anywhere she will learn to accept him.  When Lucy was with us for 5 years before her passing.......... her and Bailey NEVER got along.......they learn to respect each other space over time and stayed away from each other. Just give it some time..........and it may take time so  be patient.  Nothing better than a house full of Shih Tzu's especially if they all get along.:clap:

• Like 4
Crinkly

I wouldn’t step in to break it up unless you see blood or it turns really nasty.  They need to find their own balance and Reuben needs to learn respect.

we have an interesting situation here, too.  Both different and similar to yours.

chilled Cato has had very little problem with Jasmine.  If she oversteps the bounds, he tells her off.  She backs down.  And things settle.  The rest of the time he ignores her.

In contrast, Tara had problems with Jasmine.  Avoided her.  Curled her lip.  Sulked.  But then it turned into playing.  Wrestling.  Fighting... quite rough.

I do expect problems ahead, when Jasmine leaves puppyhood and they need to settle into a pack order.

everyone one knows Cato is Top Dog.  Smallest.  Cutest.  Gentlest. To human eyes.  But he is  clearly in charge.  But who will be Beta?  And who Omega? The girls will have to work that out for themselves, and if Tara ends up at the bottom she will have scrapped for every inch she lost.

Edited by Crinkly
  • Like 5
Summerangel

Thanks Ladies I knew I could rely on you. :D 

i suppose because I’ve just had the two before , I expected everything to slot nicely into place and have none of this jostling for places. Although I knew it happened , I thought it would be different! And it all shocked me. 

Esme and Lacey are so good together. 

Then I thought Lacey hated him, maybe hated me for having him. Silly I know. 

I can’t help feeling scared to have another boy, once again silly I know. 

So you say, don’t step in. Do you think she’d hurt him?? She used to warn Esme , that’s all was needed. With Reuben she literally looks like she’s pinning him to the floor. Don’t want to jinx myself but she hasn’t done it since I said last Thursday. 

• Like 2
Crinkly

She probably treats him more roughly because he is more rumbunctious.  Bless him.

he will learn, but there may be some proper rough and tumble before then.  :bounce:

• Like 2
Summerangel
24 minutes ago, Crinkly said:

She probably treats him more roughly because he is more rumbunctious.  Bless him.

he will learn, but there may be some proper rough and tumble before then.  :bounce:

He does seem to be more rumbunctious 

yes I need to prepare myself for those times 

• Like 3