New roomie for Shorty and Sophie

Marlene

Bogey Girl is coming to stay for a week while her regular foster Mama takes a trip.

She is 9 and said to be a very good girl.  Her owner passed from brain cancer :-(

Look for me in the cloud of white fur......Sophie, Shorty and Bogey are all white........................

BogeyGirl081519bg2.jpg

• Like 4
Marlene

She's a nice dog - will make a wonderful companion for someone who is ready for a quieter life.  She loves her leash walks, loves the "spa food" we serve around here and only wants to be where I am.  At 9 yrs old for a Chihuahua she has many more years to accompany an owner on daily rounds.

Apparently (Ya think so?!?) she's not crate trained but I've been feeding her in a large crate where she eats and settles down.  I leave her in there for 30 minute periods after eating as I go about my day (she can see me).

Before bringing her home I set up a comfy Taj Mahal crate in the guest room for sleeping.  She said "yeah - I'm not a Taj Mahal kinda girl - I'd rather sleep with the servants.  So I settled with her in the guest room where she wanted to burrow under the covers and lay smack up against me.  I would say that's where she slept with her Mama.

Problem was....yesterday it was 100+*  here and by bedtime....I was not ready for a warm, under the cover snuggle.  But we worked it out and she slept quietly through the night.

She is going to be a great dog for someone like she lived with before.

• Like 4
Summerangel

Awwwww Marlene she’s beautiful. I love what you do. 

Enjoy having her around 

• Like 3
Sunlite

Aww, Enjoy the company for the week. She looks like a sweetie!