Rescue transport

Marlene

Going to pick up this dirty sweetie tomorrow from a shelter and drive her to the vet.  I don't get to foster......sigh, because she has 2 adopters lined up.  But at least I get to spend a couple of hours with her.  And a short while later she will be bathed and groomed and look as pretty as all our pups.

Salinas Shih Tzu.jpg

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 4
Marlene
3 hours ago, Ellie18 said:

Aww glad he will be going to someone who will spoil him hopefully - how old is he? 

I don't know how old yet or why she's in the shelter.  Maybe I can find out more when I pick her up.

Some of you may remember the "raid" I was involved in rescuing 30+ Shih Tzus from a hoarder.  This is the same shelter and all those puppies were black and white.

https://chattertzu.com/forums/index.php?/topic/22323-skulking-around-to-try-and-rescue-shih-tzus-from-a-hoarder/

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 3
ParadiseTzu

Yeah, she’s dirty but I already see the cuteness in her!  Happy she’s got a family that wants her! I know you’ll enjoy your time with her.

• Like 1
Marlene

Oh so sad - I barely got to see her.

When I arrived at the shelter they asked if I had a crate and wanted to bring it in to place her in it.

I told them, "yes" but why do I need to bring it in" (that was a new request to me). They said she was very fearful and aggressive to anyone coming close enough to touch her .

Anyway I did it, brought in the large crate.  They brought her out completely wrapped in a warm throw, in the crate - which we put back in my car.

So sad - like handling a wild animal - huge eyes and shaking yet very still.

She was completely quiet on the 90 minute transport and no problem being removed by the techs, wrapped in the same warm throw.

And.....so.....I left her there. Hateing not to be able to see her where she will be groomed and vetted.

I have asked for an update and pictures.

She has 2 adopters waiting - hoping they are able to deal with her fearful aggressiveness.

She is described as an un-spayed female 2 yrs old.  (She had nice white sparkly teeth).  A stray no one came to pick up.  Sooo - we shall see what we shall see.

She seems to be very small.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
ParadiseTzu

Bless her little heart! Hope you get an update that she settled a little.

• Like 1
Marlene

Update on the pitiful little transport girl - from the vet's office:

"I just sent you her picture.She was spayed and groomed today. She was such a matted mess!

She wags her tail and is now running around after her surgery

Sorry but we named her Autumn for our first dog of fall. I love the name Snickers though and will use it!!"

(I wanted to name her Snickers - chocolate nougat and caramel).

clean autum 2.jpg

clean autum.jpg

Autum resting.jpg

• Like 2
Marlene
6 hours ago, PipsMom said:

I don’t see how you do ......so sad to leave her there.:teary:

I can do it because I know what they've been through and how wonderful their life is going to be from here on in.  I know the effort put into cleaning them up, vetting them, including expensive life saving procedures and thoroughly interviewing applicants who want them.  We are tough on them (the applicants) - I have a feeling we require more than the usual requirement for taking in foster children.

And if I kept everyone that passed through my hands - I could not do it well (nor legally).

It is wonderfully rewarding when we get updates and pictures and even when we hear of them going to the Bridge and how much they were loved.

It's all good :-)

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu

Aw, look at that precious baby! I wish a wonderful life for her future!

• Like 1