Daddy just took us for a hair do!

stevestrat

stevestrat

Here's the girls just back from the groomers on Friday. Left to right, Maya (Pug Tzu), Pops and Suzy.

Trimmed.JPG

Edited by stevestrat
  • Like 5
Sunlite

Look at those sweet faces! So cute! :wub2:

• Like 2
ParadiseTzu

They are so cute!!  The pug/Tzu doesn’t look much different in the pics.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
stevestrat
2 hours ago, ParadiseTzu said:

The pug/Tzu doesn’t look much different in the pics.

She's a slightly "strange" looking wee thing. Shih Tzu head and face, solid football shaped Pug body complete with curly tail . . . . but with long hair! You can't tell from the photos but she has different coloured eyes, her right eye is "normal" brown but her left eye is a lot lighter in colour.

Edited by stevestrat
  • Like 3
stevestrat

Lucky enough to get in with the best groomer in the area, so popular they closed their diary for this year back in May! Cost is reasonable, £35 each.

They have a reputation for calming "difficult" dogs and have done wonders with Pops, she used to get in a hell of a state when being groomed, hysterical, so bad that the groomers were concerned about her. On their advice I got tranquillisers from the vet, gave her a small dose a couple of times and now she doesn't need one, takes grooming in her stride.

• Like 1
Marlene

A good groomer is worth their weight in gold for helping a difficult dog with being handled.

My lil guy was a rescue - seized by animal control from a hoarder, crated constantly for 2 years.  He was biting everyone that touched him in the beginning.. The first time I had him groomed, I spent time with the groomer, explaining his "problems" and asked if he was willing to try. He did and it went well.......I really think going there regularly has done more to settle him with others touching him than anything.  

He is also ball obsessed, like a toddler with a pacifier.  When I take him to the vet or the groomer I take his little tennis ball - throw it for a while (he will retreive forever) and have them put it in the crate while he's waiting.  It really helps relax him and take his mind off of "what's going to happen?!?"

• Like 1
Sophie's Haven

My Allie is a Pug/Tzu also...........the eyes, body  and tail of a Pug.........the hair and mouth of a Tzu......now where her ears come from is still in question?????????  Your paw family pictures are adorable. How bless your are to have a great GROOMER........I gave up on the search and started doing my crew myself......as all of mine except for Sophie are rescues so when I started doing it (with a lot of error, but hair grows back) it was easier on them.......less stress.......it is funny Thursday is Spa Day at our house and now that it is a routine  a couple of my Biscuits come to the grooming room to see if it is their turn.......they still amaze me in their actions and more so the older they get.   

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
stevestrat

The girls all get on great although Pops can get jealous of Maya getting attention. Its quite funny, Maya tries to defuse the situation by giving Pops a kiss! Suzy isn't bothered by anything, incredibly laid back and sweet nature, she's a special girl, green eyes and almost pink nose and lips. 

I'd like to know what happened in Suzy's past though, we're her third owner. The woman we got her from got her from someone who "just wanted rid of her(!)" but she discovered Suzy was afraid of big dogs to the point that she'd go for them and as her neighbour in the flat below had two large dogs and a shared garden that was an incident just waiting to happen.

We saw evidence of her fear of big dogs not long after getting her. We had her out in the museum grounds next door , my wife insisted in letting her off the lead. A big daft black Lab bounded over to say hello and Suzy took off, wasn't stopping for anything, thankfully she had sense enough to run back to the house and sit at the garden gate. She managed to tear a claw off she was so frantic to get away, trip to the vet, ended up wearing a "boxing glove" for a couple of weeks.

Edited by stevestrat
  • Sad 1
Sunlite

Poor girl, sometimes you wish they could speak and tell you about the past and then..  You think about it and say maybe it's better not knowing...

• Like 1
stevestrat

The woman I got Suzy from told me she spent hours patiently clipping tangles and matted lumps out of her coat when she got her. She didn't want to sell Suzy but her fear of large dogs prevented her keeping her. Suzy has the sweetest, gentle nature, I can't understand how her first owner just wanted rid of her.

• Like 2