Not sleeping through the nite in crate

My 6 month old shih tzu will keep waking up during the night and bark instead of going to sleep. My condo neighbors are really close by so I take my puppy out to stop her from barking. I’m up in the middle of the night and exhausted. Help!  What can I do to get her to sleep through the night. She did when she was younger. 
thanks!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Karin said:

My 6 month old shih tzu will keep waking up during the night and bark instead of going to sleep. My condo neighbors are really close by so I take my puppy out to stop her from barking. I’m up in the middle of the night and exhausted. Help!  What can I do to get her to sleep through the night. She did when she was younger. 
thanks!

2 hours ago, Karin said:

thanks!

She wants to play

14 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

When you take her out does she urinate or defecate? Or does she just want to play?

She just goes to pee and then when I put her back in the crate she starts to whine and bark

• Like 1
Pawz4me

I'd maybe try moving her last meal of the day a little earlier and making sure she has a good play session before bed time. Sometimes just playing more during the day, or getting in a longer walk, is all it takes to tire little dogs out more so they sleep better at night. If you can feel comfortable that she doesn't really need to pee, then you can ignore the behavior. It will mean a night or three of less sleep, but will pay off eventually. Good luck!

• Like 2

Thanks so much for your input. I went to sleep on my couch. After a pee break a few hours later I just let Mocha cry and whine. She had another poop break, was quit and slept through the whole night. I’m going to do that a few more days.  First good night’s sleep we’ve had in quite a while. Karin

• Like 2