Help Adorable 2yr old but Agressive to his owner

Crinkly

I would say that if the nilif practice is working, then stick with it - for ever.  And keep the leash on until you are confident that he will willingly behave without biting you.  Could take months.

Consistency is everything with them.

Like children, establishing and keeping firm boundaries makes everyone happy, because everyone knows how it all works, and know what is acceptable.  And they know what happens when they misbehave.  It gives security.

Edited by Crinkly
  • Like 1
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lees@54

• Pawz4me

• Crinkly

• Marlene

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Lisa, I've just read this thread with interest. It looks to me as if you have a few problems - which the nilif program should help with tremendously.  He needs to learn that you are in ch

How old was he when you brought him home.  "Around a month"?  He should have been with his litter until at least 8 weeks to learn proper socialization.  He may view you as part of his "litter" and thi

Has he been neutered?  I have a male Shih Tzu, who is five now, he weighed 1.5 lbs when I brought him home at 8 weeks old. But this tiny little puppy did not want me doing any type of grooming to him,

Posted Images

Hello Jo,

I really cant do anything with him that involves petting him.  once time i was sitting, he stood up, put his paws on my knee.   I was petting the side of his stomach, i wasnt doing it hard. He all of a sudden turned around and started biting me and lunged at me.  I have only rubbed his tummy when he was a little pup.  When I have tried to touch his tummy he looks down at my hand and is ready to bite.  I put a jacket on him when he has a fresh short hair cut.  He will let me put it on. But I am afraid to take it off.  If we are in the car, i can touch him all over and he does not try to bite.  There is a lot of bad incidences.  They always end up with me having bloody hands. 

I always made sure to touch him all over.  I know this is the way you get him used being touched.  His groomer has no problem with him, neither does the Vet.  Its mostly me that gets all the bites.  Let me tell you he does not fool around when he bites.

He has been staying on his little bed Instead of the couch, He does the commands by himself, I do not have to say it when hes about ready for me to serve him.  I do wonder if NILIF is going to stop his vicious biting?  Ive run out of options.   We do not have money for a private trainer.  He started training classes as soon as he was old enough.  So i have really been proactive with him.  I now just work around him so i do not get bit.  I have never cared about a dog as much as i care for him.  I have done and still do a lot of crying.  Any suggestions or comments welcome

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, it’s been about a month since we started NILIF. So far I have gotten Jasper to stay off the couch. I used to sit with both him and Leo for their meals. Now I hand feed Jasper both breakfast and dinner. It’s not only good for me to get closer to him letting him know, I’m the one with his food and I control it. I know how much Jasper is eating every meal. I’ve never had a problem with him  and eating . I always sat with them like I said earlier. This way they don’t squabble over food. So It’s not a problem for me to feed jasper by hand. He’s almost off my bed. Last night he was on the floor next to my bed ( I bought him a 2 beds. One for the family room also) he woke around midnight. I  have him on his leash all the time, I tether him to the bed pole. I let him go to the bathroom and get a drink. When I came out of the bathroom , he was up on the bed. I believe he wouldn’t have given me a problem taking him to his bed but, he looked so comfortable, so I let him finish out the night on our bed. I know if I do that again he’s not going to go to his bed. I will try harder. I go out of the door before him. Also other things.

I also came across and down loaded a book “ Big Book of Shih tzus” I find it very helpful. That’s my opinion though. It does have a section about aggression that I’m finding very helpful as well.

Jasper and I started a training class at petco . Tuesday will be our second week. I will update you on his progress. Wish us luck 

• Like 2