Briley's getting big

My baby Briley is growing up to be such a big girl.  The first two photos are her, the last is of her sister Piper.  I think she is going to outgrow her big sister as Piper is 6 pounds5 ounces at a year old Briley is almost 7 pounds at 5 months old.  Not unless she stops growing, I think she will be Bella's size which is around 10 pounds.  They are a joy but can be a nuisance at times.  Example when waking up at 3 am wanting to play when I've just gotten off work at 12 am.  Both will fuss until I have no choice but to let them out and put them in bed with me.  Of course Bella just goes with the flow and is quiet until morning.  They are a lot of company though.  Don't know what I would do without them.

Briley1.jpg

briley2.jpg

Piper3.jpg

P.S.  

Finally had my surgery February 26th.  It was not pleasant. I guess no surgery is.  I could not do anything buy lie down when I got home and suffered a good 12 hours before I started to feel better.  I thought I was going to have to call my breeder to come get all the pups until I could feel better.  Anesthesia made me sick to my stomach and my surgeon said oh you will be just fine and gave me no prescription for nausea but said he put Zophran though my IV during sedation.  I told him I was cramping before I was released and the nurse brought me two Tramadol and told me to take Ibuprofen/tylenol for pain. I was finally sent out Phenergan the next day for nausea which helped tremendously. I was so sick I was wanting my mother who this month has been gone a year.  Something about mothers that make everything better.  I made it through though. Just horrible.

Edited by mel
  • Like 1
Marlene

Doctors are so stingy now with pain relief and nausea makes everything worse.  

When I had my surgery on Feb 3 the anesthesiologist gave me a "block"  (I assume it was by injection - I was still asleep) in 4 places in my abdomen.  It lasted for the first day.  Sounds like you were home alone when coming home.

Briley is still as cute as she was when you brought her home - just a bigger dose of cute!

Do you ever lose her or trip over her in the dark.

• Like 2

Yes I trip over her sometimes.  She likes to run along by my feet. I am constantly looking down. I was home alone. Home health came out daily for a week to check on me.  My boyfriend works all the time but made sure I had plenty of soup and soft things to eat and plenty of sprite and Gingerale. He is the one that took me in for surgery.  He then had to wait out in the car until I was in recovery then he masked up and they let him come in.  All my people are in Dallas.  My brother, my moms sister and brother, and another sister in Detroit Michigan.  They are not really able to do anything, but always say they will come down to help if need be.  I hate to bother them.  They are 78, 80, and 92.  Of course my 92 year old aunt cant come, but the others can.  Just hate to be a bother.  I had a friend come over and bring me something over the counter for nausea until my prescription was called in.  Nobody could believe I was released from the surgery center without anything to take.

Edited by mel
  • Like 2
Marlene

I came home with 8 tabs of pain meds.........I took one each evening so I could sleep.

The second week one of my daughters called (as they did a few times every day) and said "Mom - it seems like you were feeling better in the beginning".  Well - yeah, I had pain meds on board and I was being careful with myself.  After a week, I was trying to do more and had only tylenol.........so I was actually more uncomfortable.

Don't even ask about eating corn at the 2 week mark.  BIG mistake I paid for that for 3 days.  Will never eat corn again :-(

Shorty G didn't provide me with much "nursing and care" - he was just miffed he wasn't getting as many walks as he was used to.  He stayed at my daughters house for 3 days while I was in the hospital and then was mad at me when he came home.  They told me he was a good boy, loved playing ball with my SIL, even sleeping with them.  Getting walked with their dogs and meeting new people and dogs in their neighborhood.  

"WHERE WERE YOU MAMA?!?"  I love to visit over there......but I didn't think you were going to abandon me for YEARS!"

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 1