Lacey Lou

Summerangel

Summerangel

Thought I’d share some photos of Lacey looking all gorgeous . She’ll be 7 in May. Still miss my Donte so much 

D4530014-0C5A-4E24-A561-6D1C570D8E66.thumb.jpeg.82de19b18fc75f9113644c9b63a4ce47.jpeg

B9490B30-EFEE-416C-826C-711593B3CD9D.thumb.jpeg.c6ec17cebd7b202d5cbe08417843fe71.jpeg

• Like 4
Summerangel

She may look like a puppy, but can sometimes act like a stroppy teenager 

i do love them all and their little ways though 

• Like 2
Marlene

I will never know Shorty's true age - seized by animal control from a hoarder.  The sketchy info had him at 7 months and another piece of info at about 2.

I definitely don't think he was a puppy.

If he was around 2 he would now be 8ish.  But he seems to be ageing to me......some clouding of eyes - just old age cloudiness or cataracts?  Playing less, spending more time on my lap.  Seems to be grouchier at the dog park.  He never was SO interested in playing with the other small dogs but was polite and would play for awhile.  He's always been more interested in exploring, sniffing and peeing 98 times.  He won't tolerate young dogs going in for a "gang sniff"  LEAVE ME ALONE OR I'LL SNAP AT YOU!"  

It may be the change in his life since my husband passed, the isolation of COVID.......or becoming a "senior".  I have always assumed he would live to be a teenager since he's a toy breed - so 8ish would be a mature middle age not "old".

• Like 2
Summerangel

When we went into the first lockdown, we was so pleased to Happy the pups with us, they lifted our spirits so much. 

Shorty sounds pretty much like Lacey, she does her own thing, likes her own space, but I’m not sure if that’s because of Donte. It’s taken her about 12 months to really except Reuben, but when we had Esme , it was only a matter of weeks. Poor Reuben has tried so hard with her and now it’s paid off, because they will sleep next to each and play now. But Lacey still likes to sleep by herself at night. 

Give Shorty a chin tickle from us all here 

• Like 4

Beautiful girl you got there. 

• Like 2
Summerangel
16 hours ago, mel said:

Beautiful girl you got there. 

Thank you Mel 

• Like 1
ParadiseTzu

Hello Julia, have not “talked” to you in a while.  I did not know you no longer had Esme.  I hope she is doing ok, maybe living somewhere else?:  Or did I misread your comment above when you said “when we had Esme”?

• Like 1