Shorty and I sending off a rescue pup

Marlene

It's so quiet here.......thought I'd post a picture of a happy rescue adoption.

Shorty and I are on the left end.  In the middle is Chester and his new Mama.  The right side is Chester's foster Mama who I have been mentoring in her first foster.

Chester is 12 yrs old.  He was taken to a vet for a dental and when hearing the cost, his owner wanted to euthanize him  The vet said, "he's too nice a dog and healthy otherwise - if you surrender him to me I'll get him into a rescue".  And so he did.

He came right from the vet to his new foster home where he was lavishly loved for about 2 weeks.  He was seen on the rescue website where an application for adoption was submitted.  Everyone met at my house for a meet 'n greet where it was love at first sight.

Happily ever after Chester.

Marlene and Shorty w~POMDR Chester.jpg

Edited by Marlene
  • Like 1
  • Marlene changed the title to Shorty and I sending off a rescue pup
Sunlite

I'm happy he's found a new home, especially being 12. I'm not happy that he was surrendered due to the costs for his dental. Too bad the Vet couldn't work something out with them, makes me 😠 angry and 😥 sad at the same time. 

• Like 1
Marlene
3 hours ago, Sunlite said:

I'm happy he's found a new home, especially being 12. I'm not happy that he was surrendered due to the costs for his dental. Too bad the Vet couldn't work something out with them, makes me 😠 angry and 😥 sad at the same time. 

Sunlite, I have the same sort of attitude.  The vet found a rescue (the one I work with) and donated the dental work Chester needed.  Part of me wishes he could have done that for the original owner or maybe reduced the price......or as you suggested offered a pmt plan.  There is probably more to the story than we know.  Chester may not have had regular, good vet care.  Perhaps this was the first time he was brought in. Maybe the owners were of the type figuring "he's old, just put him to sleep".

He's a good boy, adjusted quickly to foster care and now to his forever home.  3 doggie doors, 2 walks a day, a bed in every room, allowed on the couch and her bed.  His new Mama is a very active 85 year old lady who plays tennis 3 times a week and regularly hikes with her 24 yr old granddaughter - they are a good balance to each other 🙂

• Like 1
Sunlite

I'm so happy it worked out and it does sound like he's finally home. He's very lucky to be adopted at the age of 12 as many wouldn't do it. That being said, I found it a blessing taking in my 2 Cavies at the age of approx 11 yrs. 

20220704_125557-ANIMATION.gif

Marlene

The seniors are soooo sweet.  

I'm not going to live long enough........but when Shorty is gone I would love to have a Cavie.  Maybe I can find one in rescue to foster 🙂

Sunlite
1 hour ago, Marlene said:

The seniors are soooo sweet.  

I'm not going to live long enough........but when Shorty is gone I would love to have a Cavie.  Maybe I can find one in rescue to foster 🙂

These 2 were rescued from a very bad hoarding situation. They were also overbred... I'm so happy we took them in as they fit in right away. Seriously sweet and loving, I can't believe that it will be 3 yrs in Oct that they came to us. 

• 4 weeks later...
mr.coffee

Glad Chester got a home, he looks like a sweet boy. Our vet is really incredible, but we hear some truly sad tales. He is very reasonably priced (we would continue to see him even if his prices were exorbitantly high) but he tells us about owners who come in and even complain about the $9 office visit, never mind the cost of meds or other services. I just don't understand people.

-m

• Like 1