Bluegrass Shih Tzu Club

Tzu_Luver

Hey everyone I just created a website for the Shih Tzu club I will hopefully be running. I plan to advertise with bulletins located at various different groomers, Petsmart, Incredipet, and the doggie bakery located here in town. Let me know what you think and feel free to provide any helpful suggestions. AND ONCE AGAIN THANKS AMY FOR TURNING ME ONTO FREEWEBS!!!

edit: OOPS! I forgot to include the link. Sorry bout that. Here it is: http://www.freewebs.com/blugrassshihtzuclub/

Edited by Tzu_Luver

Looking good, those are two good looking members you have. I'm sure it will do well. :mf_seehearspeak:

Tzu_Luver

I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that it will do well. I've asked google to add it in there search engine so hopefully that will happen. Eventually I will be paying for the site so that I will be able to have more space to work with and my own domain name which will make it a little more professional. I want it to have it's own forum at some point, but, for now I don 't have the space. Oh well.....

tried to wish you good luck in the guest book,but I must have been doing something wrong .Anyway Good luck & I wish I lived close enough to join.

Tzu_Luver

tried to wish you good luck in the guest book,but I must have been doing something wrong .Anyway Good luck & I wish I lived close enough to join.

Sorry bout that it could be that my bandwidth is too small to host a guest book because I am using the free membership currently. Thanks for the good luck wishes just the same though. I wish you could join too. I am glad you think enough of it to consider joining. It gives me hope that others will too. I know we have a couple of locals here on the board that will hopefully join. Once again...... :mf_seehearspeak:

CrazyTzuLady

Great Idea Sarah and nice job on the site! I hope it is everything you want it to be, I to wish I lived closer I would definately join! Good Luck!!!

AmyNavy319

Haha, you're welcome for the freewebs suggestion, haha. We use it for my class sometimes, that's how I heard about it. Good job on the page btw. :emot-angel:

Tzu_Luver

Haha, you're welcome for the freewebs suggestion, haha. We use it for my class sometimes, that's how I heard about it. Good job on the page btw. :emot-angel:

Thank ya. Back when I was in college we had an HTML class where we had to design our own webpage using only HTML code and then upload it to the internet and the instructor used Geocities to teach us how to do the uploading, however, I was thinking the other day I should let whoever's instructing that class now know about freewebs cause it seems more advanced than Geocities.

Anyways, I am currently searching the lexington area for Shih Tzu on dogster. I have 340 results of dogs located in Lexington that I have to sift through to find all the Shih Tzu. I am also looking through all the Kentucky results which gives me about 3,200 dogs to sift through. So all in all it's gonna be a long night.

FairyTail Josette

Best of luck to you, Sarah! I admire your enthusiasm, dedication, and being self-less with your time to promote this beautiful breed. :congrats:

Tzu_Luver

Best of luck to you, Sarah! I admire your enthusiasm, dedication, and being self-less with your time to promote this beautiful breed. :congrats:

aaawww thank you. They deserve it though, for sure. Ever since being laid off of work my Shih Tzu have become my life. Not that they weren't a big part of it before, but, now I'd rather hang out with them rather than do anything else.

FairyTail Josette

Ever since being laid off of work my Shih Tzu have become my life. Not that they weren't a big part of it before, but, now I'd rather hang out with them rather than do anything else.

Who knows, the lay off could take your career in a totally different direction with Tzus!

My dream job is anything to do with dogs/animals. I wish I owned a doggy clothing/bakery store online or the real deal. I can dream. :hysterical:

Tzu_Luver

Well, Suzi, it's funny that you'd say that since I just received an email the other night from the Bluegrass Sih Tzu Rescue located here in Lexington Ky. It was concerning an offer as a Social Director for the rescue. I graciously accepted and have already re-designed the entire Bluegrass Shih Tzu Rescue website for them. They really liked that I am a Graphic Designer. The Director of the rescue is out of town for now on business, but, the attorney representing the rescue and I have been corresponding back and forth through email about my involvement in the rescue. I'm very excited. I'm pretty sure it won't be paying anyything, but, it will look good on my resume. I have attached an image of the template I have designed for the Bluegrass Shih Tzu Rescue website. Let me know what you think.

FairyTail Josette

Sarah, I'm THRILLED for you! :debbi: What an honor to be named Social Director with such an organization. I'm so proud of you! :congrats: This position could easily lead your career down some very exciting, emotionally rewarding, and profitable career paths. Yep, will look fantastic on your resume, too. Terrific work on the website, you are a go-getter. :high5:

Shih Tzus Mama

Sarah,

I wish you lots of luck and congrats on your new position helping Shih Tzu rescues.

Tzu_Luver

Sarah, I'm THRILLED for you! :high5: What an honor to be named Social Director with such an organization. I'm so proud of you! :debbi: This position could easily lead your career down some very exciting, emotionally rewarding, and profitable career paths. Yep, will look fantastic on your resume, too. Terrific work on the website, you are a go-getter. :high5:

Thanks so much, Suzi, I truly hope you are right about a potential career path. So far you have been right on a lot of things so I'll be praying you're right about this one as well. I got a little choked up seeing how excited you are for me. I really appreciate your support and believing in me. :congrats:

Tzu_Luver

Sarah,

I wish you lots of luck and congrats on your new position helping Shih Tzu rescues.

Thank ya, Judy. I think God smiles on the dedication I have to my babies and the Shih Tzu breed in general. Therefore, I truly believe he will allow something productive to come out of this experience involving my career.

Tzu_Luver

Just wanted to update everyone who's interested to let y'all know that on April 5th I'll be attending a meet and greet at incredipet to become acquainted with the other members of the Shih Tzu rescue and also to socialize and inform potential rescuers that come out to incredipet. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'm so excited. I just got off the phone with the director, Donna, and she's very excited as well to have me as not only the rescues graphic designer but also to have me as the Social Coordinator. I can't wait!

FairyTail Josette

Sarah, that is exciting! Take pics of the event to post here and on their website, so, all of us here can be informed, too. :)

Speaking of Shih Tzu Rescue Organizations, does anyone have a nationwide list (of contact names, org address, email) to share here? I would like to have on hand for future reference. I live in the midwest area, but, would like to have all organizations across the country.

• 4 months later...
shihtzumomof2

When I try the link, I get a page that says it doesn't exist? I even tried to paste the link separately?

ShihtzuBeauty

[color="#8B0000"]I would say she's either moved the site or has taken it down.[/color]

chloechanel'smommy

I also live in Kentucky and would like to see the site.

ShihtzuBeauty

[color="#800080"]Here's a link to the Bluegrass Shihtzu Rescue group.[/color]

[url="http://www.bluegrassshihtzurescue.com/"]http://www.bluegrassshihtzurescue.com/[/url]