April 5th Bluegrass Shih Tzu Rescue Event

Tzu_Luver

I'll be posting some photos tomorrow from the event if all goes well and I have time to get some photos. Jaden and Ming Ming will be accompanying me to the event. I think it'll be lots of fun and I believe we'll get a lot of our babies Furever homes tomorrow. I put together a brochure and wanted to share since I got a lot of them information displayed in the brochure from y'all on this board. I also got some of it from the books that I have, but, all in all I think it'll be an excellent tool for those who are considering adopting one of our Tzus tomorrow.

FrontSideofBrochurecopy.jpg

InsideofBrochurecopy-1.jpg

Edited by Tzu_Luver
Tzu_Luver

There are a few edits I need to make to the brochure that I was just noticing, but, no big deal. I can edit them and have them printed up by tomorrow at 11:00 am.

CrazyTzuLady

Good Luck tomorrow let us know how it turns out! The brochure looks great I will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well! :)

Good Luck tomorrow Sarah!!! I hope all goes well and you can find these babies new homes!! Wish I was closer to KY, I'd come help!

Great brochure Sarah, can't wait to hear how it went, please let us know when you can.

Tzu_Luver

Everything went great yesterday. We got at least three adopted. The problem that we most frequently run into is that when these Shih Tzu come to us they're so terribly matted the only thing that can be done is to strip them down. Therefore, it takes away that teddy bear quality that so many people expect when looking for a Shih Tzu. So the ones that were really drawing the people in were the ones with the longer coats: Cotton, Penny, and Butters. Sammie and Oscar were passed over every time, because people wouldn't stop to take the time to learn what a sweet personality these boys had. However, I'm sure that Oscar and Sammie will find homes soon. Sammie is just 3 years old so he's still a young'un. I loved being there yesterday and talking with so many people about this wonderful breed. My brochures were a hit, Donna, the director was thrilled. A ton of people took my brochures home with them. The good news is that we're not over crowded so Oscar and Sammie have plenty of time to still be adopted. We just got in a couple of new rescues from tennessee. I don't know much about them yet except that one is just 2 years old and they're both boys. A lot of people were wanting to adopt Ming and Jaden, but, I made it clear that they are both MY babies and not for adoption. Thank goodness. The boys were really spoiled yesterday. The people at incredipet gave each of the doggies one homemade dog buscuit each. Ming Ming ate Jaden's though since Jaden is so picky he wouldn't eat it. Our next event is the 27th of this month. We'll be having a parade of breeds so all the rescues and our own personal shih tzu babies will be participating to showcase the shih tzu breed.

CrazyTzuLady

Glad to hear all went well yesterday Sarah! You are doing a wonderful thing for all of these babies!

I just checked out the Bluegrass Rescue Site. The success stories were wonderful.

Tzu_Luver

Thanks everyone. I just got around to checking out my email and I didn't realize just what a success we really were yesterday. We ended up having 122 dollars donated to the rescue. For what little bit of work we did and for what fun we had I am so HAPPY!!! I would love to be able to do it every weekend. I got to meet all the ladies of the rescue and they were all so sweet. I'm now in the process of creating dogster pages for our babies. I will post a thread later in this part of the forum to showcase our babies new Dogster Plus pages.

pokeypacker

I'm glad it went well for you yesterday! You are doing wonderful things! Your pamphlet that you are printing looks excellent! Are those Jaden's beautiful eyes on the cover? Will be looking at your dogster sites when you get those going. thanks for all you do!!

Tzu_Luver

I'm glad it went well for you yesterday! You are doing wonderful things! Your pamphlet that you are printing looks excellent! Are those Jaden's beautiful eyes on the cover? Will be looking at your dogster sites when you get those going. thanks for all you do!!

Yup, that'd be my little fluff butt, Jaden. He's our rescue's new mascot. I feel bad at times because I've never rescued a Shih Tzu although I could have. Instead I got all three of mine from breeders. Although I do have my reasons. Ming Ming was my first Shih Tzu and I was very naive to the world of Shih Tzu back then. I didn't even realize how easy it is to find a purebred dog through a rescue. Yanna was a friend of my mom's, acquaintance rather, and we just clicked from the moment we met. I feel like I did rescue her because being in a houseful of young children, she was not getting the attention she so deserved. And Jaden, well he had a certain look I was wanting. Everyone knows I have been searching for a liver and wanting a liver for a while now. We do have two liver tzus available at our rescue but they're both seniors and both deserving of wonderful furever homes, but, I just don't think I could deal with the heart break of loosing them in the next few years. So I do what ever else I can to help out where I'm needed.