Rescue Babies

I was wondering. how many people on this Forum have rescue babys.It would be interesting to see what the number would be.Also how many of you volunteer your time to find homes for rescue babies.

OOps I feel really dumb.I just found the rescue forum.Sorry .I m heading right there to see if my questions are answered.

Edited by janemin
CrazyTzuLady

You know my rescue baby Tuffy Thai! :)

Edited to add

Wow I must be losing my mind must be the menopause,LOL, How could I forget our two bigger dogs were both pound puppies Nikki (lab/husky) and Scooby (beagle).

Edited by CrazyTzuLady
shihtzumomof2

My only rescue was my kitty, Sami, from Siamese Rescue in Virginia.

Sunlite

Throughout my life, most of my furbabies have been rescues. Currently 3 out of 4 are not, and they are the first furkids I've ever gone to breeders for.

I would have rescued a Tzu baby as I looked for 6 months before I got Baby. Small dogs here go so fast... most never make it to adoption as someone snatches them up that works at a shelter. ;)

I used to always have large breeds but with my rheumatoid I can't handle them properly.

Albert the cat is my rescue furguy!

Jack is our pound puppy. He's a 57-pound Akita mix and a very, very special boy. We had actually gone to the shelter to see another dog, but that one had been adopted earlier in the day. But, in the very next kennel was this sweet big dog and we fell in love and took him home instead!

We found out when we were filling out the paperwork that he had been there for nearly 2 months and was scheduled to be euthanized the very next day! Being big and black, no one wanted him. Well, their loss was certainly our gain! He is just a big love sponge and has been putting up with his little brother (Gus) picking on him with the patience of a saint since we brought Gus home as a 2 lb. puppy. We LOVE our Handsome Jack!

TeddieXRuxpin

Buster, Duncan and Mahalo were owner surrenders and Teddie was a Stray from Illinois. Britches, foster, was also a stray. Reba and Bozo, both past dogs, were rescues too. Most of my animals have been rescues even a guinea pig I had a few years ago.

And I volunteer every Saturday. I'm there from when we open till when the doors are locked. It's my little get away time. I've always thought I get more out of it then the dogs do. :congrats: