A Diferent Breed Adoptions

TeddieXRuxpin

I thought since I post on a couple of my other forums you guys might want to see the adoption dogs I work with. I update the thread ever week with new dogs and pictures as well as updates on adopted dogs. I didn't know if it would be something you guys would want to see or not. So I thought I'd post this weeks. We do get little dogs, they aren't all big. :love:

Well in the last week we have received over 10 dogs/puppies of all different breeds, sizes, and for every reason under the sun. Ok maybe not every, but many reasons. I think we're all up to our ears with dog fur..all day, everyday we have dogs on the brain. I guess tonight I get to rest. So lets see how long this takes me..

This handsome man is Rocky. He was the pick of the day for my sister and I can't say that I blame her one bit. He is a love machine with the most beautiful blue and party eyes! He is estimated to be 5 months old and we have him pegged to be a Husky/ Shar Pei mix.

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

He and Britches became the best of buddies while at the adoption. Same size, age, sex..what else could he ask for?

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

(Britches is my foster)

Oh and Britches had a fun day too. lol A very fun day.

He slept good at the adoption..

DSC00052.jpg

Was happy outside with his buddy Rocky(in the bottom right)

DSC00108.jpg

And had a wonderful ride home. With the wind blowing in his ears and people laughing as they drove by..

DSC00125.jpg

Edited by TeddieXRuxpin
TeddieXRuxpin

Lucky is a Shih Tzu that was pulled from the pts list too. I told myself I would NEVER have another shih, but every time one comes in I want to take him home to Ted. I don't know if it's because they're pitiful or what, but it kills me! Lucky is about Teds age (2-3) and a total love bug. When I carry Teddie around he sits like a toddler on my hip, Lucky just flopped around like a rag doll and went limp when ever you picked him up..silly dog..or is it a dog?

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Peanut was one of the dogs we pulled from AS from the pts list. He was listed as a Shih Tzu/Chihuahua mix, but I'm dead set he's a powder puff Chinese Crested. He's about 5 years old and a real sweet heart! He'd do great as an only dog with no other animals in the house. He does fine with them, but would much rather his own space.

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

TeddieXRuxpin

Sophie is a little butter ball of lovieness..yes I did say lovieness. I didn't spend to much time with her outside, but I could see she just needs an understanding ear.

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

Chico is a funny little guy with a hard past. He's estimated to be a middle aged adult who was found on the street. AS picked him up and he was scheduled to be pts also. When he goes to the bathroom he stands on his two front feet. He does have hip problems, but they don't seem to bother him. On the other hand he does have extended nails; one of which is almost torn off. He just wants to be held and he's nice and quiet. Otherwise he screams and can for hours. Believe me I know, I was there the whole adoption lol. We're thinking he's a Chi/ Min Pin, but who knows? He's so tiny!

DSC00023.jpg

A picture of his toe nail

DSC00026.jpg

TeddieXRuxpin

One of the owner surrenders was Kally (sp?) a 8 month old Heeler mix (I thought was 4-5 months) with all of the love int world to give. Some one pulled her from being pts because they couldn't take the thought of her being put down, but decided it just wasn't going to work with her life style or her current dog. She's very very shy at first, but once she gets to know you; she wams up fast. She's not a huge fan of the crate, but pretty much all of the dogs we get are ok with the crate once they've left. What a great companion she is going to make for some one.

DSC00055.jpg

Our other owner surrender is Linus (was Brownie) that name changed fast lol. We all took one look and said "uh no!" haha. He is a 5 month old Border Terrier mix who was given to his previous family as a "gift" when he was a puppy. When they brought him in and dropped him off today they said he had to much energy...which he had none today. No more than any other puppy and for a terrier..not much at all. He wants in you lap to sleep and a walk is nice too. Some people still amaze me. At least tell us the real reason you don't want him any more. Just makes you look even worse in our eyes. Any way he is a big baby who needs some lovin.

DSC09882-1.jpg

DSC09891-1.jpg

*ALL DONE* that's it because my computer is being a pooper! Take care guys!

ShihtzuBeauty

Just look at those babies and look into their eyes I don't understand some "people" and knowing that these precious babies are pts everyday just kills me. I only wish that I had some land I have told hubby in the past I would take in as many as I could it makes my heart soo sad.

CrazyTzuLady

Merrit they are all gorgeous fur babies it is just sickening that people will just "decide" they don't want them anymore and have no care as to where they go or who they end up with, It just breaks my heart. You all are doing wonderful work trying to find all of these babies their forever homes I commend you, you are truly a special person.Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing all of these sweetys with us.

BusterBoo

Merritt, I don't know how you do it!!! As I was scrolling down all the pictures and reading your little note on each, I ws thinking....Ok....I'll take that one, and that one, and that one.....It must be so hard to walk away, especially from the little ones for me!

Congrats on what you are doing.....so many dogs and not enough people to love them....

TeddieXRuxpin

Just look at those babies and look into their eyes I don't understand some "people" and knowing that these precious babies are pts everyday just kills me. I only wish that I had some land I have told hubby in the past I would take in as many as I could it makes my heart soo sad.

Mellisa believe me if I had more room there would be several other furry kids running around here. Lucky broke my heart and the way he went limp when you pick him up made me smile everytime. He let me trim his face, check his paws, look at his eyes, teeth, ears... He came in with a TON of matted hair and his foster took him to Petsmart and had him shaved. I still can't over his pancakeness.... He was smaller than Ted, but had a little belly on him. SO cute. :)

Merrit they are all gorgeous fur babies it is just sickening that people will just "decide" they don't want them anymore and have no care as to where they go or who they end up with, It just breaks my heart. You all are doing wonderful work trying to find all of these babies their forever homes I commend you, you are truly a special person.Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing all of these sweetys with us.

Barb I think one of the reasons they came to our adoption is because we're a no- kill rescue and take pretty much whatever. We have the dog until they get adopted and sometimes that means years. I could never understand it myself, because that would be like me dropping off one of my babies. I would never forgive myself.

Merritt, I don't know how you do it!!! As I was scrolling down all the pictures and reading your little note on each, I ws thinking....Ok....I'll take that one, and that one, and that one.....It must be so hard to walk away, especially from the little ones for me!

Congrats on what you are doing.....so many dogs and not enough people to love them....

Louise I do the same thing. The first thing I did when I walked in was ask "where did they all come from!" there were tiny dogs everywhere. I'm a big dog person (great danes, E Mastiffs, F Mastiffs..) But have a weakness for some like Lucky. :)

:tapfingers5rg: all for coming and taking a look!!! It means a lot.

FairyTail Josette

Merrit, thank you for sharing these sweethearts. Their stories were very bittersweet, so sad they are just "dropped off" but, so wonderful the planet has people like yourself on it! Can you tell us where your organization is located and what's your no kill shelters name?

In your first post, Britches pic where he's looking out the window, that pic is priceless!!

God has a very special place in Heaven waiting for you for all the work you do, Merrit.

Shih Tzus Mama

Ditto!

TeddieXRuxpin

Merrit, thank you for sharing these sweethearts. Their stories were very bittersweet, so sad they are just "dropped off" but, so wonderful the planet has people like yourself on it! Can you tell us where your organization is located and what's your no kill shelters name?

In your first post, Britches pic where he's looking out the window, that pic is priceless!!

God has a very special place in Heaven waiting for you for all the work you do, Merrit.

Again Thank you.

We're here in Texas; A Different Breed is the name of our organization. :give_me:

If you'd like to check us out, feel free to visit our website and take a look at the rest of our fur babies.

Adifferentbreed.org

FairyTail Josette

We're here in Texas; A Different Breed is the name of our organization. :chickendance:

If you'd like to check us out, feel free to visit our website and take a look at the rest of our fur babies.

Adifferentbreed.org

Thanks, Merrit. What a wonderful organization, the stats on the home page are astounding...A Different Breed.

I need to order a "Remember Me" necklace, what a great idea!!

Edited by Chocolate Shih Tzu Candy
  • 2 weeks later...
TeddieXRuxpin

Today was busy, busy! We had more new puppies and puppies that are now closing in on being adults. Lots of volunteers and a lot of love to give to everyone.

I will start off with Mac. He’s said to be a Catahoula/ Australian Shepherd mix; wee little at only 5 weeks old. His “owner” was getting rid of his sister and himself. He wasn’t trying to find homes, but was actually going to trash them. His sister went with a vet tech and he is being fostered until he is old enough to be adopted. A butter ball of fluff is the only way to describe him.

DSC00343.jpg

Hmm reminds me of Shaina’s “huge” hand pictures lol This just shows how little he really is because my hands aren’t that big.

DSC00356.jpg

Sleepy baby

DSC00438.jpg

*More*

TeddieXRuxpin

Two men came in today with puppies looking for an adoption drive. They were the three puppies from a litter of six. They are Golden Retriever/ Border Collie mixes.. 10 weeks old. All different personalities, but all so loving! I give them props for finding us and still fostering them. They want to find good homes for them and did the right thing. They seemed like they loved him a lot too!

I don’t know their names or if they even have names so..

Number one the Choco Girl

DSC00380.jpg

Number two the Golden Girl

DSC00442.jpg

And number three the Handsome and only boy

DSC00448.jpg

*More*

TeddieXRuxpin

Some of you may remember the transfer I did a month of so ago. Pie Hole the Shih Tzu; he was on one of the many PTS lists here in north Texas. His owner had turned him in because he bit him in the face, only after he blew in it. *rolls eyes* He was adopted and then returned for growling at the family. The family was terrified of him and did nothing to help the situation, but pretty much run from him. He let out a soft growl to me at the adoption and after telling him a quick “no, hush” he stopped and started back to smiling. It’s all about handling. He’s been through a lot and I don’t blame him for being picky.

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

Delilah is new with us and a sweaty pie! She wanted to lick the camera, but we managed lol

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

*More*

TeddieXRuxpin

Dillan is a Fox Terrier mix, 4 months, stink butt. This is the best picture I have to show his whole body. I do realize it looks like I could pick him up and fling him across the field with my two fingers. What can I say?

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

Does anyone remember Copper? The one eyed Boxer mix? He’s still with us and getting huge! Ok maybe not huge, but he’s grown quite a bit.

When we got Copper he was malnourished, had what looks to be mange, and his eye was mangled. We weren't able to save it.

cooper.jpg

But now he's almost a year old and stronger than ever.

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

*TAKE CARE EVERYONE*

Edited by TeddieXRuxpin

Merrit,I think the overwhelming part of all this rescue organisation is that with all of the Dogs you take in,thousands more are homeless , It seems to be a never ending process.You see those faces & you really get p-----d of at the human race.

tzuhouse

Don't you just wish you could stop all the madness, it just makes me so angry. Merritt, you are an angel for what you do.

CrazyTzuLady

Merrit you are wonderful for doing what you do. :o for keeping us updated and sharing all of their stories with us.

Seastar

Those are some really great-looking dogs. I can't believe the improvement in the one-eyed guy. He looks beautiful now. Great work!

Merrit, YOU are a wonderful person for doing what you do for these animals. They are all so beautiful!!

I really love that golden girl...she is just so pretty.

Wicket's mom

We need more people like you in this world, to help rescue these poor little souls. I can't wait to get home so I can see their pics (for some reason the computer at work only shows certain types of pics) Keep up the good work :o

I really admire the work that you do. I one day want to get into rescues.

TeddieXRuxpin

SOOOOooooooooooo, who's house am I driving to first? lol On a different forum I am on I have a list of people that would adopt. I think I'm up to about 10 dogs I could have adopted. If only gas went down! :hug:

ETA: Thank you for all of the kind comments. They really aren't needed though, I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have a place with all of those wonderful faces to run to. They've gotten me through a lot in the past years. I thank them more than they could ever thank me.

Edited by TeddieXRuxpin
FairyTail Josette

Merrit, I love seeing all your pics of your babies in your home and around the pool. I can REALLY feel all the love you so unselfishly pour out, in all your photos. :giggle: