Oscars Adoption Story

ShihtzuBeauty

I'm posting this here for sharma. I don't want this wonderful story to be missed.

Oscar's Story:

I bought a condo last year and it was finished in November. I knew I wanted to get a dog, and considered getting a puppy this summer when I knew I would have time to train it (I teach, so I am home most of the summer). I told a couple of people that I was planning on getting a dog over the summer. Two of them mentioned getting an email from a friend of theirs who had a co-worker that needed to re-home her dog. They told their friend I was interested and she sent me the email with pictures of Oscar. I called about him and met him a few days later at Starbucks! I fell in love immediately. The family had to move and could not keep him. He came over for a couple of overnight visits and I took him to a vet just to make sure everything was good! I picked him up for good on the Friday before Mother's Day!

Although my intention was waiting until summer to look for a dog, I know this was meant to be. He is perfectly adjusted to both my condo and my mom's house. I went on a two-week vacation (previously planned) and she watched him - and almost didn't give him back! At the condo he doesn't have a yard like he had at the old house, but he's adjusted great. He only had one accident (my first day to work after adopting him). We take walks before work and right after work so he can potty and then another walk in the evening. He has a doggy door to my patio and there is a gate out there so he can sit outside and enjoy the breeze.

Now that I'm home for the summer, we get to hang out a lot. He's pretty lazy (so am I!) but he loves to play also. I'm going to take him to a small dog obedience class in August to give him so socialization with other dogs. He loves going with me to my cousin's softball games, going to the dog park, and just being around anyone and everyone. He rarely barks and is always willing to cuddle when I need it!