Isis

Kae+Gizzy

Hi all, this is not a dog rescue but I hope nobody mind's me posting here.

On friday night I was busy in the kitchen and my Son was at the front door saying goodbye to his friend. A Cat ran down the lane, spotted my son and came rushing over to him. She tried to get inside our house. Hubby went outside to check on the cat and said she was tiny and very thin.

We let her inside and as soon as she walked into the kitchen apart from the obvious malnourishment, she was very pregnant!

Hubby went off to get some kitten food for her and while she was eating we sat on the kitchen floor with her trying to work out what we were going to do.

We couldn't put her back outside. She needed us to be there for her.

We had a dilemma as she needed a nice warm quiet place and the only quiet room in our house is our bedroom. Gizmo share's it with us at bedtime and although he love's cat's..the cat was very afraid of him.

Hubby decided that we should take it in turn's. He sleep's upstairs with the cat one night while I sleep in the lounge with gizmo, then we swap, he sleeps with Giz downstair's and I sleep with the Isis LOL. It's not an ideal situation but we have no other choice at the moment.

We have named the Kitty Isis, she is beautiful. We had her checked over by the vet, she has confirmed she is still a kitten about 8-12 months, she is due pretty much anytime, vet estimate's within 7 day's. Kitten's seem to be doing well as they are moving around lot's. Isis is very very underweight so we are feeding her lot's. Vet didn't want to worm or flea her yet as she would prefer to do mum and babies together. She will be spayed when she has had her babies and finished nursing and stay with us. Then we will find forever home's for the little one's. We are not in any rush to rehome the kitten's until we are happy with the new homes.

We have a big covered box in our room with a soft blanket for birthing, a bed for her and her food and covered litter tray. She is very clean. The past day or so she has been spending most of her time under the bed. I think she feel's safe under there but I'm hoing she will choose the box to have her babies.

We have everything ready for her, now we play the waiting game, we both have hardly slept a wink as everytime she move's about or cries we are awake :tapfingers5rg:

I hope the birth goes well for her as she is clearly a first time mummy and so very small and thin. I am keeping my finger's crossed for her. Vet is on standby in case she has a rough time.

I will post some pic's of her when I manage to reduce them as they are too large, she is such a pretty girl :wacko:

Edited by Kae+Gizzy

Well aren't you a sweetie to take the poor little thing on. Sometimes you wish they could talk so thye could tell you their story.

Ooooh that was a great way to start my day.I am soppy about happy ever after stories.Isis knew what she was doing when she came to your door.Its one thing to take in a stray cat,but a pregnant one.Your family gets a big pat on the back.Please keep us updated on Isis's .pregnancy.We love fur cats too.

I wish Paddy & Penny liked cats,but they think the are for chasing only & I cant get them to change their mind.

Edited by janemin
CrazyTzuLady

Wendy you and hubby are angels for taking in that sweet little kitty and giving her a home. :tapfingers5rg: I can't wait to see pics of her and her babies when they come. I will be praying that she comes through delivery just fine and has a bunch of healthy babies! I had to giggle about you guys taking turns sleeping with one or the other though that sounds like something a lot of us on this board would be doing. :wacko:

What a lucky little kitty to find you guys. Shame that she is so young and thin but sounds like she's going to be find now with such a wonderful home. Will be looking forward to seeing the pictures and it's wonderful that you and hubby are going to keep her after the littler is born.

Wish more people were like you guys.

Hehe, me and Stephen are like walking zombies at the moment, we haven't had alot of sleep since Isis arrival but it's so worth it! She is a little darling and so very trusting, given all of what she has been through. She is going to be very spoilt as she has us both won over already :tapfingers5rg:

Edited by Kae+Gizzy

I love cats! I hope you will post photos of the kittens. My son and his wife took in a stray, pregnant cat. Those kittens (6) were a lot of work but so very cute. After they placed the kittens in new homes they had mama cat fixed. Now she is living a fat lazy life as an indoor kitty. :ohyeah:

I love cats! I hope you will post photos of the kittens. My son and his wife took in a stray, pregnant cat. Those kittens (6) were a lot of work but so very cute. After they placed the kittens in new homes they had mama cat fixed. Now she is living a fat lazy life as an indoor kitty. :)

Aww Tracy that is wonderful! She sound's very much loved! 6 babies!! Wow lol

I think the kindest thing to do would be to have Isis fixed and keep her indoor's. No animal should have to go through thing's like this. It break's my heart as I'm terrified for her having to go through the whole birthing process being so young and tiny. I hope she does okay. I will post pic's of the babies when they arrive...lots of them :ohyeah:

Her neck is much better (forgot to mention earlier) She had a plastic collar on that was so tight it had fused to her neck in some place's. We had to cut it off as we couldn't undo it. All the sore's are healing well. It looked like it had been on her for month's as it was a tiny fit. She is doing good!

ShihtzuBeauty

She's found her guradian angels. :ohyeah: What a lucky kitty. Best of luck on the birth I would love to see pics of your new little one.

She knew she needed YOU. I'll look forward to photos of your babies soon!

Bless you for this.

I will post some photo's of Isis for you all later on today, they are too large to post and I'm not good with techie stuff, so Stephen will have to reduce them for me.

We were convinced Isis was going to give birth last night as she grew very restless and was pacing around. She was eating less and acting abit strange. Stephen was concerned that she may not be happy with her birthing place so at 1am this morning he was emptying the walk in wardrobe in our bedroom for her to have lol We have put her birthing box in there and some soft blanket's on the carpet in case she prefer's it there.

I really think she is close now as she has never acted that way since she arrived. It was heartbreaking she was pacing around and crying, she looked so very scared. She eventually settled down and went to sleep.

We didn't get to sleep till after 2am then Gizmo jumped on my tummy at 4am barking like mad as he was afraid of the storm we having LOL. He scared the life out of me!!! Had to cuddle him back to sleep. He's such a baby :blush:

I shall keep you all posted when we have some new's :dunno:

I shall try and add some pic's myself lol

28cfuk3.jpg2zebbch.jpg2hwmzvn.jpg

Isn't she beautiful. I shall try and get some more pics of her this afternoon as these were taken at night.

Edited by Kae+Gizzy

She is a beautiful cat! Regal, narrow face--she looks like the Egyptian cats. Her name is just right.

Best wishes to her and you for an easy birthing.

CrazyTzuLady

Oh Wendy she is beautiful! I can't wait to see her babies............ :bdaycake:

Wicket's mom

What a great thing you did for this poor kitty. I can't imagine having my cat run around, pregnant, famished and with a collar that's she obviously grown out of on causing her pain. Poor little girl. Hopefully there's no complications with her delivery, and hopefully you and your hubby can get some rest soon! Keep us updated; I know she's going to have a good loving home now :bdaycake:

I can't see the pics :bdaycake:

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh she is Beautiful! :bdaycake::bdaycake: Pretty coloring.

Hi all, managed to get a few more of her this afternoon. She is so very thin (apart from the obvious bump)

15gbi2u.jpg

Here's a few more..Such a pretty face :dede:

2aklkk3.jpg

Resting on the bed.

xqm6q1.jpg

This Afternoon we couldn't find Isis so we had a hunt around the bedroom for her, we found her in the walk in wardrobe curled up in her nesting box, which is such a relief as we were worried she wouldn't settle somewhere.

No sign's of labour yet but her tummy has dropped down quite low today and her temp has gone down slightly so we are hoping it's not too long now. Babies are moving lot's, you can actually see them moving in her tummy from across the room. :chickendance:

:) all for your very kind comment's. We think she is a little star!

Edited by Kae+Gizzy

Still no news as of yet so we are still very much on kitty watch :bdaycake:

She is picking at her food and still abit restless. Baby monitor's are so useful for time's like this as we can hear her every move when we are not with her. She now has 5 different birthing area's but she is still not sure which one she like's the best..the wait continue's :yay:

CrazyTzuLady

ohhh I'm afraid I am not a very patient person, the suspense is killing me! :baby:

Oh Isis is absolutely beautiful...

She lookslike a calico and is so gorgous...

I hope all works out well with her birthing experience and can't wait to see the results of her babies....

Getting all goosebumpy in anticipation... :baby:

Love, Love, Love...new babies!! :hysterical:

Oh Isis is absolutely beautiful...

She lookslike a calico and is so gorgous...

I hope all works out well with her birthing experience and can't wait to see the results of her babies....

Getting all goosebumpy in anticipation... :imstupid:

Love, Love, Love...new babies!! :baby:

Thank's Vicki :) Isis is a Tortoiseshell :) Although I'm not sure what the difference is between a Tortie and a Calico lol

I have been told by a Burmese breeder Isis is a Tonkinese breed. I have never heard of them before. She does have such a distinctive face so we wondered what type of breed or mix she was.

Still no sign of kitties!!! Bah!! this little girl will probably deliver them all under my bed while while we are sleeping.

Barb...you and me both :uhm: