Remember, Saving just one dog....

Can I do this here?

I hope so, cause it looks like this boy can really use a loving home. :signthankspin:

If no one adopts him, he'll be put to sleep. :)

#234 (No Name just a number)

City of Hartford Animal Shelter

Newington, CT

(860)757-4395

pizon67@yahoo.com

CT141.12360328-1-x.jpg

More About #234

Approx. 2yrs.old....approx. 12lbs... Friendly boy, affectionate, walks great on leash, a lap dog for sure!!>>>LEGAL DAY OF ADOPTION IS 11-18

Wicket's mom

I have no idea if we're allowed to post adds like that; but this little fella sure breaks my heart. I wish I could go rescue him; I can't imagine have to put a sweet little guy like that to sleep!

TeddieXRuxpin

Yvette I know what you're feeling. I can't tell you how many Shih Tzus let alone all of the other dogs I've seen come through our rescue. Matter a fact a friend I know (she's a foster also) just got a shih tzu. He's 4 years old, black and white, super sweet.

He is so beautiful. I hope he gets adopted. Makes me so sad. :dede: I wonder why the sweet little fella was given up?

Edited by mel
ShihtzuBeauty

Yes you may post regarding rescues. How heartbreaking. I would take him in a sec. to foster and find hima new home, I'm in IL though. :tapfingers5rg: I hope someone can take him in.

I have sent them an email saying I would take him rather than let him be put down. I hope they get back to me.

I'm sure I could re-home him after fostering him.

ShihtzuBeauty

I just sent an email to a local rescue group. We're in IL and thats just soo far away. I'm hoping they have contacts near here or transportation to try to get him closer. I just thought it was worth a shot.

Paula I soo hopes this works out. It just breaks my heart how these furkids including kitties end up in shelters like this their spirits broken and facing being pts, people are just soo sick and irresponsibile.

FairyTail Josette

That's awesome, Paula! :tapfingers5rg:

Also, I was just doing some research, and was going to provide a link for Shih Tzu rescue contact people. Yvette, you would probably have to adopt him, to get him out of the shelter, asap, and have a Shih Tzu rescue org lined up to foster and place him. You could start by contacting Bonnie Dean of the MA area, @ 508 544 8808. I didn't see a contact person for CT. You could also contact Edythe Kennedy of MA @ 508 362 4641, I know of her from a Shih Tzu message board, she's very sweet and would help, if needed.

Shih Tzu Rescue Contact info.

I see Seastar has just posted she's sent an email to take him, you may want to PM and stay in contact with Paula, so, he doesn't fall through the cracks and we can get him to a Shih Tzu rescue organization. :sun:

Edited by Chocolate Shih Tzu Candy

One way or the other, let's get that little guy someplace safe with lots of love.

Shihtz Lover

OMG....he's adorable...the poor thing. Please Please adopt him and try to get him a new home. I would take him in a minute if I wasn't in Canada...he's so cute. Bless all your hearts for trying to help him. Please keep us updated.

I've not gotten a phone call or email back from them yet.

I just went to your Contacts.

I knew her: Barbara Horsfall (MA) (508) 829-2666

I do not understand why she is still a contact?

She passed away a few years ago.

I would love to go get this guy & foster him, But I don't drive highways. :tapfingers5rg:

This dog has been adopted. :dede:

This dog has been adopted. :dede:

Really,

That is great! They must have gotten back to you.

Shihtz Lover

Thank God..that was an a bright spot in my day. He was on my mind all day and I was praying someone would fall in love with him and take him home. Thanks for the update.

FairyTail Josette

That's great news! :dede:

I called and left a message at the shelter this afternoon, that I was interested in talking to someone about him, but, I haven't heard anything back from them. Maybe they don't return long distance calls? :)

Edited by Chocolate Shih Tzu Candy

Oh, I have been off a couple of days and just saw this, it saddens me he was even there. I am so thankful he was adopted. I was in such hopes it was Paula, so we could follow his progress and see pics of him all cleaned up and beautiful. Thank God this beautiful boy will not be put down. I do hope it was a loving home.

CrazyTzuLady

That is wonderful news!!! :roflmao:

ShihtzuBeauty

OMG we just got back from Christmas shopping and I've been thinking about him All Day and crying! Thank you for the update!!! Thats Wonderful! :roflmao::)

Yeah, I sent them all my phone numbers plus email. I finally got an email that said only that he had been adopted. I'm so glad. I actually wasn't looking forward to driving up to Conneticut on Tuesday.

ShihNanigans

:aktion033: Oh, thank goodness!

I saw this post before everyone responded. I was going to give it until Monday and then go get him on Tuesday if he hadn't been adopted. Hartford isn't that far from me, a couple of hours. He has been taken off their petfinder adoption list. His picture looked so sad. Hopefully he found a wonderful new family. I hated the thought of his days being numbered like that.

I have gone back to look at his picture several times. I can't imagine how he got in such a prediciment. I bet once groomed and cleaned that he is a beautiful tzu. I am sure someone is now very happy and lucky to have him.