link for my rescue Molly

http://www.adoptapet.com/cgi-bin/public/pe...mp;species_id=1

This is the link for the rescue that I am looking at. Hope it works. She was going to be put to sleep if the rescue didn't take her! Her owners had shaved her before they released her to them. I don't know what she looks like now but what a cutie. Don't you think?

Aww poor Molly! Why in the world would the owners want to put her to sleep?

Thats great that you are trying to adopt her. Hope everything works out

I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well for the adoption.Molly is a beautifull little girl.

CrazyTzuLady

She is beautiful! :dede: I also will be keeping my fingers crossed that you are able to bring that precious girl home with you soon. It amazes me what people will do to "get rid" of their pets it's so sad. I hope they allow you to be Miss Molly's angel. :judy:

She is a beautiful girl and I love her coloring. I sure hope she gets to live with you. Good luck.

aww she is sweet I hope you get her.

When will you know, does it take a long time to find out?

I emailed the foster mother again last night and asked if anyone else was looking at her. She said no. I asked for an application and she sent one right back. There are alot of questions on it as to how you would care for Molly and what would you do if.... I am still wondering what the home visit is like. We farm and have no fenced in yard, 2 outside corgy dogs , a housecat, and 5 parrots. She would probably think I am a horder! :) I know my family would think so... They already think I am a little off my rocker for having 5 birds..Oh well! Just have to get the courage to approch my hubby about it. I am also going to ask to see if she could send me a more recent picture. Do you think that is okay?

CrazyTzuLady

The only thing that I see might not go in your favor is no fenced in yard a lot of them are really strict on that. If they consider you a horder than there are a lot of us out there because I have 6 dogs and 3 cats and they all are indoor animals. My vet even looks at me weird when we come in with a new animal. :blush-anim-cl: After we got Thai he told me to tell hubby to stay off the computer. :)

As for hubby just remind him how good life is when YOUR happy! :P

FairyTail Josette

Yes, it's fine to ask for more recent pics. If they haven't already discussed with you, I would also inquire about health or behavior issues, any meds she's on, temperament, etc. just so you can do your research early on and be prepared for her when she comes home. :)

I was raised on a farm and we had German Shepherds outside. So, I know you've already mentioned that Molly would be an indoor only dog, the house visit would be concerned that you are aware of this factor and you would need to communicate that you are willing and committed to taking Molly outdoors with a leash on her, so, she doesn't get scared and run off.

My niece lives here in town in a nice gated community of townhomes. Her and her hubby are huge animal lovers and wanted to rescue a furbaby. They were denied because they didn't have a fenced in yard. I understand rescue org's need their rules and policies, but, exceptions should be made sometimes, it's sad, they were denied over this rule, as they are both such loving and patient individuals. She was heartbroken and went to a breeder. I'm not sure if Molly's rescue org has this rule, but, I would plead my case as you have the time/willing to take her outdoors with you, being supervised.

If for some reason this rescue does have a rule about fences and you are denied....don't give up. Where I live the local animal shelter has Shih Tzu all the time. They have a little tri colored boy right now that is breaking my heart. They don't require fences for small dogs . You might check the animal shelter where you live. With the economy being so bad many people are turning in their pets because they can't afford them. Our shelter is over loaded with the small pure breds. They are usually the first to get adopted but people just are not adopting right now. I wish you lots of luck....you are doing a good thing. :)

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaype...?petid=11255363

Here is another link that tells more about her. It doesn't say anything about a fence. I plan on leashing her all the time outside. I am also planning on taking her to work with me as we have our own small business and I can easily walk her when necessary. I have to find out is she rides well. Do most of them?

CrazyTzuLady

Here is another link that tells more about her. It doesn't say anything about a fence. I plan on leashing her all the time outside. I am also planning on taking her to work with me as we have our own small business and I can easily walk her when necessary. I have to find out is she rides well. Do most of them?

It depends some do and some don't. Gizmo and Delila love to ride but Thai and Huey both get sick everytime I try. Huey has even pooped in the car, needless to say we don't push the issue much. :)

:) :blush-anim-cl: :P

I surely hope all goes well for the adoption...but I guess first, I need to send good thoughts that your hubbie will be on board. Sometimes that can put a damper on things.

Good luck and keep us posted.

FairyTail Josette

What a cutie! :chickendance: I really love her coloring and she sounds like a sweetheart, typical Tzu.

I hope your hubby agrees. :bdaycake:

Her foster mother said in a email that she likes to ride! Yah!!! It looks like she might have a catarac on one of her eys. Might be the picture though. Wouldn't matter to me. She is black with siver and gray. Kinda like me. A little salt and pepper! :blush-anim-cl:

• 4 weeks later...

she is adorable, I also love her coloring, it's beautiful! My fingers are crossed you can adopt her. I know if you do not have a fenced yard, they will be happy to hear you say she will go out for walks. I think this is fine for small breed dogs..

let us know how it goes! The best to you, she is a heart stealer!

• 3 weeks later...
Wally's Mommy

I just looked at the petfinder link and it says she was adopted did you get her Sue?! She's lovely!

• 3 weeks later...

No, I didn't get her. I was not fast enough but I am glad someone took her home. Hope she is doing well! I am keeping my eyes open for another tzu to snag up for myself. I continue to read and learn all about them. Can't wait till I have my own snuggle bug. Thanks for asking! :D