Huggie in Sterling, MA needs a home

What a horrible thing to do! This poor old man is in a No Kill Shelter. I am suprized that they took him in! And that they only want $100.00 for him! They usually take in Out of State puppies & charge anywhere from $350 - $500.00 for adoption fees.

They also usually do not no wether the dogs are PB or not. Does he look PB to you???

To me he does.

Shih Tzu, Shih Tzu [Mix]

Small Senior Male Dog

Animal Shelter Inc.

Sterling, MA

978-422-8585

staff@sterlingshelter.org

MA131.12706606-1-x.jpg

Huggies

Hello My name is Huggies. I was picked up by the dog officer in Clinton. I was in a taped up huggies box that is where I got my name from. I am sweet but I am a little nervous (who could blame me). I probably would do best in a home without young children. Can you give me a home for the holidays that is safe and warm?

Check out their website. They are very through with thier adoption process & vet care.

That's just bloody sad!! People suck!

OMG, he is just adorable....but he looks so sad. I wish I could help get the little guy a home, but I am sure just looking at him that it will happen soon.

Here's to you Huggie :D:console: :P

I'm like Suzi...

I can't even see through the tears..3515.gif

My stomach is in knots.

I live in a debilitated old house, that has no foundation and such an old roof, that when it leaks,

it let's water into the walls and windows, etc..and my husband buys a huge 25 pound bucket of tar

and goes up on the roof to try and stop the leaking.

We have no home owners insurance, as this is not our home. It's not in our name.

Nor can we get Rentures Insurance for my interior belongings, as we don't rent either...

It belonged to my hubby's dad who had let this old house run down into such horrible shape....

He passed away in '03.

It's not only NOT worth putting in the money to repair this run down damaged shack,

which could run into over $75,000 to $100,000 easy, but as bad a shape as this old place is,

it's not worth the physical labor or time either.

I am in tears tonight as I am trying with all my might to keep the leaking through the bathroom window sill

from overtaking the bathroom, and I know for right now,

until my husband can get all his father's estate debts ($35,000 or so) paid off,

we can't even do anything to either sell, and find us a new home, or tear this old place down and erect a new home.

I was telling Corkey (my chocolate Peke) as I was rolling up towels to tuck onto the window

sill (as it's pouring down rain currently) how sorry I was for moving him and his sister (Bridgette)

back in 2004 out of the beautiful victorian home we owned in Arkasnas that had so much yard

to roam and play and such large rooms to explore,

to end up in such a shack that doesn't even promise to keep us safe.

And now I have Suzie....and if I still lived in Arkasnas in my big house with the huge fenced in back

yard with a doggie door too boot, I would in a heart beat take this precious fur baby above.

It pains me that I am unable to accomodate animals, let alone my own family to come and visit me here.

But, one day..the rain will dry up as will my tears and I will have a nice home again, with a nice big fenced in yard

and no worries about anything happening to us or threatening us to lose everything because the roof leaks (real bad) or because

we have no home owners insurance to cover our loss...and when that day comes, so help me,

my door will always be open and my home available to house what ever little fur baby is in dire need of a safe haven.

Whether it be for foster care or a forever home....

I will not have to sit here like tonight and shed tears for precious little fur babies

and not have the ability or living arrangement to pick up my phone and say...I'm coming to get him.

I pray this precious boy tugs at someone's heart strings and finds he never has

to struggle to get out of a box, but only struggle to get down from over loving arms.

I didn't mean to pour out a tissue story on all ya'll...,

I only wanted to share what my heart feels when I see precious animals like this and realize,

there are so many people out there who have SOOOOO MUCH and don't even give a damn,

only allow themselves to do such horrendous things to such precious animals, when here's a person like me,

who has so much in her heart to give, yet just not the means in which to give it at this time.

Please keep us updated on him.

I hope and pray he's adopted asap.2344.gif

Bless his heart!!!

CrazyTzuLady

That poor little guy :D just another little reminder why I would rather be talking to the dogs instead of people. Humans are so damn mean it makes me sad............ I pray that this little guy finds his forever home very soon and his new people spoil him like he deserves to be.

I just wish I could save them all, it's just not fair.

Sunlite

I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing, makes me so sick and angry.....

Oh dear god that is just sickening :hideingbhindcurtian:

Stories like this make my blood boil. I hope he find's a loving forever home soon with a family that can help erase some of his bad memories and make his every living day a joy. This little guy derserves it so much.

Oh my goodness this is heartbreaking, what a precious little angel. I hope he finds the happiness he deserves in a loving forever home very soon. Bless you little Huggie. :dede:

Wicket's mom

Aww, look at that sad little face. Huggie is an adorable little fella, I sure hope he can find a forever home soon; he sure deserves it!

Chalk another one up for a so called member of the HUMAN RACE.do you think for one moment a dog wold ever desert a human being.I dont think so.

Funny isnt it when they refer to four legged creatures as dumb animals.You know what,the only thing they are dumb for is giving people like that unconditional love.God bless you Huggies,you deserve so much more in life than you got.

Would love to here the outcome of this sweet boys fate.

What a horrible thing to do! This poor old man is in a No Kill Shelter. I am suprized that they took him in! And that they only want $100.00 for him! They usually take in Out of State puppies & charge anywhere from $350 - $500.00 for adoption fees.

They also usually do not no wether the dogs are PB or not. Does he look PB to you???

To me he does.

Shih Tzu, Shih Tzu [Mix]

Small Senior Male Dog

Animal Shelter Inc.

Sterling, MA

978-422-8585

staff@sterlingshelter.org

MA131.12706606-1-x.jpg

Huggies

Hello My name is Huggies. I was picked up by the dog officer in Clinton. I was in a taped up huggies box that is where I got my name from. I am sweet but I am a little nervous (who could blame me). I probably would do best in a home without young children. Can you give me a home for the holidays that is safe and warm?

Check out their website. They are very through with thier adoption process & vet care.

First question...

What does PB mean?

And second...

Have you an update on him for us?

Has anyone showed interest in adopting him yet?

EDITED: Just checked the site and he wasn't shown on the adoption page..

I pray that means he found a fur-ever home and did not pass away....

Edited by Apeke
CrazyTzuLady

Chalk another one up for a so called member of the HUMAN RACE.do you think for one moment a dog wold ever desert a human being.I dont think so.

Funny isnt it when they refer to four legged creatures as dumb animals.You know what,the only thing they are dumb for is giving people like that unconditional love.God bless you Huggies,you deserve so much more in life than you got.

Would love to here the outcome of this sweet boys fate.

Well said Janet......

First question...

What does PB mean? PB is short for Pure Bred

And second...

Have you an update on him for us?

Has anyone showed interest in adopting him yet? If he isn't on the site, then he was adopted. :whistling:

Like I said, They are a very HIGH No Kill Shelter. :D

EDITED: Just checked the site and he wasn't shown on the adoption page..

I pray that means he found a fur-ever home and did not pass away....

I don't understand how anyone could do such a thing, makes me so sick and angry.....

my very thoughts as I am really lost for words, but I know how I feel about this and I can't write what I would like to do to this person or I would be in jail