Dexter is eating and playing with his poop its not a prob when im there i can get it before he starts but its when im out its the prob im told he will grow out of it any ideas? any good ideas on how to get him to stop chewing certain things ,Recipes i can rub on or products to buy i bought one already and he licked it off ha ha

Thanks all

Edited by mcnemo
CrazyTzuLady

:dede: Welcome to the poopy eaters club! :) I don't think anyone has had much luck with the stuff that is supposed to deter them from eating it. I know some people feed them pineapple yummy going down not so yummy in the end. :P

Delila did that for quite a while thank goodness she has grown out of it but I saw Huey eating something the other day when I investigated further guess what I found.............yup poo. I am not sure how long he has been doing it but let me say that is not the only time since that I have caught him. :P icky icky puppies!

luvinpreciousntoby

My precious did that when she was a pup,, but at some point she grew out of it and became interested in other things outside.. Thank goodness!! Good luck!,,

Ellie never has eaten poo however Hannah has a few times!! Dont know why. My son said mom the puppy is eaten his poo.... YUCK!!!! I havent noticed her doing it since!

Suzie has the poop eating thing down to a poopy T...LOL

It's gross, but literally, the best remedy is to just get it up before they lop it up...

I have tried the trusted FORBID from the vets office and other stuff I bought at Petco for $10.00 plus in cost....Tabasco Sauce, Cayan Pepper with Garlic....Doused it with vinegar...NOTTIN' - NADA...ZILCH! ..and gave up!

I only hope she grows out of it soon.

She has tapered down eating the crap (literally) in the last month or so I have noticed, THANK GAWD..

and my hubby's therory is that, like food, too much of the same taste and they get bored..LOL

Maybe there's some truth to it, as they usually do grow out of it....

Edited by Apeke

Oh yea....the poopy eaters club....geerroossee!!! Josie did it as a little one, but has pretty much outgrown it, or got bored with it. Maddy will practically pull it out of Josies butt :) if we let him...we pick up very quickly but DH just can't seem to get there fast enough. Every time Maddy does it Piggie.gifhowever, he gets an upset tummy. You would think he would stop....but nooooo!!!!!

Yea dirty puppies i will try the vet and see what happens but he will prob grow out of it i hope ha ha thanks all :pray:

Dallas did that also, but he grew out of it. I had to be quick to grab it before he did. I would say in a stern voice, No, chit biscuit, bad. LOL he understood it. Now if someone take them out when i am not home, he will grab his poop and put it on the steps. I guess he knows mama will get it when she gets home.

Dallas did that also, but he grew out of it. I had to be quick to grab it before he did. I would say in a stern voice, No, chit biscuit, bad. LOL he understood it. Now if someone take them out when i am not home, he will grab his poop and put it on the steps. I guess he knows mama will get it when she gets home.

Are you serious? That is too funny....he is bringing mommy his treat !!!! :thumb:

I think the only thing you can do is to pick it up before they can get at it. Mine don't do it but once they have done the deed I call them and give them a treat. Now they poop fast so they can come running for that treat.