health issues of a possible rescue

I am waiting to hear about a rescue from a puppy mill and in the mean time I found a shih tzu at the humane society. He is a 10 yr old shih tzu who is not housetrained, has growth on one eye and some cloudyness in the eyes. Breaks my heart! http://www.secondchancesiouxfalls.com/modu...pup.php?id=2121

Any comments on whether I should look into getting him and what problems would i have with the age and eyes?

kcsheperd

Oh wow! What a charming boy. It would be hard to say no to him..I had a shih-tzu with a cloudy eye, in fact she had a cataract over one eye completely, and she never missed a beat! It never stopped her, or hindered her in any way. So I wouldn't worry to much about the 'cloudy'..but do they know more about the growth? Can it be removed? What does the vet suggest? You could probably housetrain him pretty easy, because him being full grown he would be able to hold it longer, and you could crate train him. What a sweetie..I'm not sure what you should do, but I'm sure he would sure be thankful for you. He is such a cute little guy! Keep us posted!

Spoke too soon. I just called them and he was taken yesterday. I asked about a 1yr old shih tzu- poodle mix and he sounds wonderful. Would it be bad to forget about the puppy mill rescue and go with one of these? They only ask 75 which is a good thing but I was getting stressed out about the rescue. Oh I have such a hard time making decisions!

kcsheperd

Who says you can't have both?? I've got three, and other on the board have three are more and we are in shih-tzu heaven, so come join the tzu's club! lol. :D

Well as an update to my day. I made a drive to this rescue ( an hour drive) and just happened to call ahead to see if Shaggy a shih/poodle mix was available. Good Lord, adoption is progress. Went anyway and saw some shih tzus and bischons just in from a puppy mill. Sad....I left my name and what I would like. Still waiting for my puppy mill rescue that I put an app in for. Just want one thank you! :)

CrazyTzuLady

The waiting must be very frustrating. But just remember the old saying "good things come to those who wait". Your furbaby will come to you when the time is right. :)

That's so true! I have all the rescues and such in my favorites and I'm checking every day, several times I must admitt.. There are so many shih tzus and such comming in all the time. I know when the right one comes along I'm jumping FAST!!!

goodluck_6.gif Sue, I hope the wait is not long and your furever furbaby is right around the corner. I can't wait to hear all about him/her and see loads of pics. Keep us posted, I bet it won't be long.