Lately I've noticed that unless Mochi really knows that person he'll bark at anyone else who enters our house (or my in-laws, or my mom's). Two weeks ago he almost bit the Comcast guy! but thank goodness he had on really thick denims! I know their personalities changes as they grow older, but wow! he's never done this before. Now I am worry because my neices have their b-day parties at my in-laws (and all the little girl friends will be there - Mochi only knows two of them really well!). And if I lock him in a room he'll just throw his little body against the door (and hurt himself?). He's never been to doggy classes before since he was always so good and gentle. What happened?!

On a similar note, my co-worker/friend's grand-kids have a 2-year old tzu named Max. Her kids went away for the long Memorial Day weekend, so another grandson (a 6-year old cousin) "baby-sat" Max. I guess the little guy was so happy to see Max he hugged him a tad hard, and Max bit him on the cheek (near the lips). Had to go to the ER, but he is okay. The attending doctor called Animal Control, who came over the the dog-sitter's house to take away Max, but didn't - but did observe the dog for almost two hours. And Max was ordered (once he is home) NOT to leave the house for a month except on leash for pottying - o/w violation means a fine! The Animal Control person said tzu hate to be cuddle. Is he kidding me? Tzu are love bugs and big time cuddlers! The little boy said it was his own fault for hugging Max to hard (he was just happy to see him - and he still wants his own tzu one day). Geez, how could anyone even say that tzu are not cuddlers?!

tzuhouse

Hey Mia, somehow I missed this post and really can't help here. I have one that will "warn" growl but has never snapped at a human, only her brother and the cat when they wanted to cuddle and she didn't. I am sure the boy maybe was a bit too aggressive, but I am not sure how to handle those type situations.

I really wanted to get you post back up on top, cause if I missed it, maybe others did too (I noticed no one has replied) and I am sure someone else will have some good suggestions for you.

luvinpreciousntoby

Oh wow, I missed this post too.. Sorry!

I can't believe anyone things Tzus are cuddlers.. mine certainly are anyway.. It's not he poor pups fault if he was squeezed too tight, he was just trying to defend himself from getting hurt.. Hope it all works out in the long run.