How to stop barking in crate?

How do you stop barking in crate? She only barks at night when we are eating dinner. I have a rule that she needs to be in the crate when we eat...mostly she eats at the same time we do. So...lately Sophie has started barking at us when we are eating. It is quite annoying. She started when I had my parents visiting. Now she does it every day. I tried to ignore...or tell her to hush or correcting her...but I am not sure how to stop this. I covered her a few times and that stopped her, but it doesnt always work. Is that the best route,..covering her crate?

Edited by mchel210
RedyreRotties

That is what I would do. At the first bark, I would get up and cover the crate, and ignore her, barking or not. If you are consistent in ignoring her, she will stop.

Once she is consistently stopping when you cover her up, you can start uncovering her after a short time of being quiet. If she barks, cover her back up for the rest of dinner.

In this way you can gradually wean her from being covered.