Payslee & Sawyer Passed the test!

Well Today was our "big" day...The day when Payslee & Sawyer took their therapy certification test. I knew Payslee would pass with flying colors.. Sawyer, however, thought he could get by on his good looks! I told him, "Buddy, you have to pass this one test and then you can just be pretty".. Well when we got there there werer several dogs (including puppies, which Saw loves) playing in a giant yard, so Miss Payslee was first. She did all the commands, and didn't miss a beat! YAY PAYS!.. :)

Up next.. Sawyer, so I went outside to get him, but he was having WAAY more fun playing with his new friends and was like, "Aww mom!".. :sweat: He did pretty well..He kept trying to look out the window for his friends, but I was very proud of him too, since he struggles with "Focusing" moreso than Payslee. But the good news.. THEY BOTH PASSED!! They got their Therapy Certification, and their Canine Good Citizens!! Now they will go with me to the Nursing homes when I sing and visit the people.. They are already being setup for some visits! Everyone was very proud of them because they are the ONLY tzu's in the program!

Technically they can't be a part of the Therapy Dogs Organization for a couple of weeks (They have to be a Year old) but after that, they will be Official since they already passed the test..

The Funniest thing was when Sawyer was testing, I left Payslee outside to play.. Well about 1/2 way through Sawyer's test, I look Over and Payslee has escaped, and was running towards the house was testing in! She jumped up in the Window like, "Hi Mama! Found you!". lol. ..They all thought that was hilarious! :tapfingers5rg:

So Now I can give a big..WHEW.. of relief! :punk:

bhzrli.jpg

Yay Congrats Little bebe's!!! You have done your Mama proud!!

I'm so pleased for you KC, they will bring such joy on their little visits and melt a good few hearts, even the hardest of hearts will succumb to Pays and Sawyer!! Your doing such a wonderful job with them both!!

GO KC GO!!!!

By the way- you do not have to register your dogs with the Therapy Dog International. Zubin got his therapy title at 10 months old. We choose not to register him with TDI for two reasons- one- it lists you for any hospital that wants dogs ( then you feel awful when you have to turn it down due to distance), and two- it does have an address listing of you.

We tried out - ( Zubin and his sister Galina a month later abouts)= both passed but we were already invited ( solicitated actually) by one hospital that was local, then the second hospital asked if we could come.

You will need to get a health certificate from your vet. Usually the jackets have a zipper pocket, and in that pocket must be the health certificate and I also carry the shot record copies although its listed on the health certificate. Also with patients costums etc are not allowed due to IV etc. We had to do a few weeks and that is when they teach the dogs to ignore IV's etc.

This is great news KC- and a big :)

AWESOME WORK BABIES......YAY :(

Aunti Vicki is so proud of you!!!!

Gosh KC...EVERY single photo of those fur biscuits that you post ALWAYS have such a sweet smile on their

widdle faces.....! Awwwww...... I just :) them so much!

WOW!!! CONGRATS,,,, I knew they would pass KC with a momma like you. How wonderful of you KC too for all you do. God Bless you and your sharing of your babies :)

poppy's mommy

Wow that is awesome. Congrats to the both of them!

ShihtzuBeauty

:please: Congratulations Kids thats Awsome!!! :please:

KC, that is super news. I knew they would do it. I know you were worried about Sawyer, but he was such a good boy....they know what their momma expects. Good job kids...CONGRATS...

Thanks everyone! They are already setting up some vists for us so it will be interesting to see how they do. They can only go one at a time, so they will each get heir "Special" time with people..

Michelle, thanks for the INFO on the TDI too..I'm going to look into that and see if I can wait till after they are a year old and then do it then. .

CrazyTzuLady

AWESOME!!! :P Sawyer and Paysley! :(

TheShihtzuation

:welcomeani:

MY BABIES!!! I knew they'd do it!! So proud of the little muffins.

What was the testing like?

:hysterical:

MY BABIES!!! I knew they'd do it!! So proud of the little muffins.

What was the testing like?

The testing was pretty much what they learned (And I believe Pokey learned too) in their Class.. They have to be friendly to a stranger, let people touch them all over including their feet and ears, Sit and stay, they have to leave it, and then you leave the room for 3 minutes and they can't be all crazy.. The hardest one (For Sawyer anyway) was putting him in the "Down" position and he has to stay there till you call him.. He would rather be dancing around than sitting and staying.. lol. They also have to walk nice on a leash. There are a lot of other things they do..like dropping pans, loud noises, etc.. Here's a good link for the Canine Good Citzenship, The Therapy program is a few more minor things, but mine tested for both at the same time.

Congratulations! Great job~

TheShihtzuation

The testing was pretty much what they learned (And I believe Pokey learned too) in their Class.. They have to be friendly to a stranger, let people touch them all over including their feet and ears, Sit and stay, they have to leave it, and then you leave the room for 3 minutes and they can't be all crazy.. The hardest one (For Sawyer anyway) was putting him in the "Down" position and he has to stay there till you call him.. He would rather be dancing around than sitting and staying.. lol. They also have to walk nice on a leash. There are a lot of other things they do..like dropping pans, loud noises, etc.. Here's a good link for the Canine Good Citzenship, The Therapy program is a few more minor things, but mine tested for both at the same time.

Thanks KC! Yeah as of now, he may do the freaker outter if I left for 3 minutes. At the very least go and lay by the door. lol I've been practicing a lot with him "sit, stay".. specially when I open the door. You know what they say, practice, practice, practice!

Again - congrats to your babes. What a great bday present for both of them!