petnation portacrate

When we get our puppy she will be about 9 weeks old and I was wondering if this crate would be the right size for her as a puppy. the E-16

We have a large pet taxi type crate for her when she is full grown.

Also what size collar should I get her to begin with? we will not see her until we pick her up and it is a longgg drive home.

Barb and co.

Hmmm, not sure about the crate size. I keep mine in an xpen with bed, puppy pad, toys and water until they're reliable enough to be left out with the rest of the dogs.

I don't use collars, I use step in harnesses. I get an extra small for when they first come into and all of mine wear a size small now as adults.

Have you started the count down yet :D

Carolina Girl

I can't be of any help. I don't use a crate, and both of mine were full grown and wearing the bigger collars when I got them.

I was looking through the new posts and saw your post. It said petnation portacrate. I thought that it said penetration portacrate. Of course, I had to look! It sounded so bizarre! I'm glad to know that you are looking at a petnation crate as opposed to a penetration one!

Rita, I am currently using collars but thinking of switching to a harness for both of mine. Have you always used these with your babies? I was looking at Petsmart today and was talking to a lady who saw me looking at them. She said every dog she's ever had hates them and will chew them up. She also said that if mine have not ever worn them, they may resist. Are your babies okay with wearing them?

So excited about your new baby! I got one of those Icrates..They are cheap, sturdy, and they fold up and down. I got the Medium one (30) for $39.99, and that was way cheaper than the ones I priced at Petsmart. As for the Collar, I believe I got the 6-8 inch, or the 6-10 inch..that way you can move it up or down as you need to as the baby grows. I also got the ID tag and put it on immediately just in case..They also have those little Heartbeat Pillows that are supposed to imitate thier mommies heartbeat. I never had to use one, but I've heard that people have had good results with those too.. Good luck! Can't wait to see pics!

Edited by kcsheperd

Rita, I am currently using collars but thinking of switching to a harness for both of mine. Have you always used these with your babies? I was looking at Petsmart today and was talking to a lady who saw me looking at them. She said every dog she's ever had hates them and will chew them up. She also said that if mine have not ever worn them, they may resist. Are your babies okay with wearing them?

My babies are all good with the harnesses, they've had them since they came home with me, so it's all they're really used to. The few times I've had to use regular collars on them, they do the plant the feet and don't move thing, it's really funny. They pull when they get really excited and with the collars on they choke themselves so I feel better using the harnesses on them.

I use the Harnesses for Walking, but I do always keep a collar and tag on them, in case they were somehow able to get away, or wander off.. Mine never chew their harnesses, and they will even come over and lay down while I put them on..They have never seemed bothered by them. :)