Kyra is doing very well with the potty training, but I was getting tired of her dragging around the pee pads every time I put a new one down, I think she thought it was a game. We then went through a period when she would go poopie on it then think she had to drag it over to show me...(nice) very comical the first few times...

We then found online a potty pad that looked like grass so we ordered it .....she thought it was another place to lay on, she didn't quite get the concept... so 60.00 later we still were not gettiing anywhere ,it would have likely worked very well to train her on when we first brought her home.

I really wanted to get away from having the pads laying around the house so looking at the potty pad we bought online I thought why couldn't I improvise so we went out and bought a couple plastic shoe mats and a remnant of in door outdoor carpet (green of course) cut to the size of the shoe mat, put down a pee pad and covered it with the carpet, the total cost was about maybe 7.00 for each, we made a couple of them and she is doing excellant on them. They look good and you just change the pad and rinse off the mat. She still doesn't use the more expensive one very often but we are still working on it.....The indoor outdoor carpet is also much softer.

CrazyTzuLady

Very crafty! Good girl Kyra!!!

that sounds so cool. I am worried about the pee pads sliding all over. i'll have to look for the supplies

• 1 month later...
Boo and Gidgys Mom

Great idea. Sometimes it is just hit and miss until we find what works best. We were lucky. When Gaboo came home from the breeder he was paper trained. So we sarted putting the newspaper in a litter box. He had one indoors and one out side on the deck. We then bought him a doggie door to get to the one on the deck. He seems to prefer that one, so we have now eliminated the indoor one. Only down fall is he goes out comes back in expecting a treat even if he doesn't go potty. I just love my Boo Boo