I think Roxie is about to be potty trained!

I am so proud of my baby! i think she is pretty much potty trained after 1 month. I thought it was going to take forever and i would have to be on my hands and knees cleaning up her mess for the next 6 months. She pees on every single pad that i have in the house which is 4 locations. She doesn't even look for treats anymore...she just pees and walks away and play. Keep working on it everyone. When they finally get it, all the hard work pays off! It's so rewarding!

Claudiabehr

Kelly, I'm one of those people with a naughty shih tzu.......Panda got the idea right away as I think she's pretty clever, aside from adorable and beautiful. However, when she would pee or poop, if I didn't throw the pad away immediately, she would drag it around and try to shred it. Great fun...........but I do agree with you. I think some pick it up really quickly (like your baby).

LOL Claudia. I'm glad she didn't tear up the pad..lol..But she surprised me. esp after reading this forum, i would think it would take at least 6 months..she was very promising when we got her,always peed on the pad and then accidents for the next 2 weeks..but now she is so consistent. Although I am not putting my guard down..Just when u think u can trust them, they do opposite sometimes. I am alot happier now coming home and playing with her and not have to yell at her for peeing on the carpet. Very exciting!!

Dakotah's momma

That is great. I know Dakotah is doing well but he wants his snack. He is beginning to have a day here or there with no accidents and then he forgets. He never has more than 1 a day and it is that tiny dribble but the instructor said she thinks it is his size and his age. The main thing I am learning is to be patient. I do agree when he has a few good days I let my guard down and that is when we experience accidents.

Better go as I have a drs appointment and then this evening Dakotah. A busy day.

mr.coffee

Heh. Panda's so bad! :congrats:

Kelly, that's pretty cool about Roxie. It took us longer to get it really down, but we refused to use pads so that may have made a difference.

-m

Really? I thought it was hard training her to go on the pad! LOL she went fine outside on the balcony..(i live in an apt). But if u have a yard, outside is the way to go!

When she goes #2 in the bathroom, it stinks! i gotta do a spray for her..lol.

She's also outdoor trained too for me..she just sits by the sliding door when she needs/wants to go outside.