Carolina Girl

So, we hit a bumpy spot on Saturday with Ozzy's training. Ozzy nipped at someone who put their hand through the gate on our deck to pet him. I was quite distraught. I called Michael, our trainer, Sunday night. He told me to meet him at my vet's office this afternoon. We enter through the day care/boarding entrance. We sat inside on a bench. Several dogs and people passed and Ozzy sat nicely for them. He also greeted two dogs. We then went and sat in the wating room in the medical part. He greeted two dogs there as well. He did not bark or growl even once. My wonderful trainer sat there with me for a little over an hour to make sure that Ozzy was doing what he was supposed to. After the weekend, I was just so afraid that Ozzy would never be able to be around people. And now, I feel so much better about it. Still not gonna get the little puppy though. Ozzy is just going to require intense training. When I put him in the car to come back home, just looking at him I could have cried! He almost seemed proud of himself! Michael told me to call him anytime that Ozzy has any issue like this and he will come right back out! My dog trainer is fabulous!

Edited by Ozzy's Mom
Wicket's mom

Glad Ozzy did so good today and that he's making progress :happybday: You're lucky to have found a good trainer too, most can just teach how to give commands but not actually properly train a dog.

Boo and Gidgys Mom

Good for Ozzy for being a good boy, and good for you for finding a great trainer.

FairyTail Josette

Your doing a great job with Ozzy. I commend you for working with Ozzy and focusing on him and his needs, instead of a new puppy. Your trainer sounds awesome, too. :happybday:

tzuhouse

That is great news and I feel you "sigh of relief"....some situations can be so tense. Sounds like you really do have a great trainer, how did you find him?

Carolina Girl

That is great news and I feel you "sigh of relief"....some situations can be so tense. Sounds like you really do have a great trainer, how did you find him?

My vet actually recommended him. He is fantastic. He has a lifetime plan, which is what we got. We got 9 weeks of training. He came to our house for 4 weeks, and then we went to parks, stores, and vets for the others. He gets a yearly visit every year. We get to go to monthly tune-up classes any Saturday that we choose. And if we ever have problems we can cdall and he'll come out free of charge. He will also board my dogs in his home when I need him to. We are going out of town in 2 weeks and he's keeping both of mine. For $50 a day (for both) he will take them somewhere each day and work on Ozzy's "homework". I really could not be any happier with him! And he is really reasonably priced. We really lucked out with this guy!

tzuhouse

My vet actually recommended him. He is fantastic. He has a lifetime plan, which is what we got. We got 9 weeks of training. He came to our house for 4 weeks, and then we went to parks, stores, and vets for the others. He gets a yearly visit every year. We get to go to monthly tune-up classes any Saturday that we choose. And if we ever have problems we can cdall and he'll come out free of charge. He will also board my dogs in his home when I need him to. We are going out of town in 2 weeks and he's keeping both of mine. For $50 a day (for both) he will take them somewhere each day and work on Ozzy's "homework". I really could not be any happier with him! And he is really reasonably priced. We really lucked out with this guy!

You sure did, that is wonderful and I am so happy Ozzy is showing promising results. What more can you ask for??