Will Ming Ming come around?

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

Hi all,

As some of you may know by now I have a new baby. Ming Ming is not taking to her at all. Suki is very playful puppy and she wants to play with her big sister, but Ming Ming isn't having that, lol! Ming Ming runs from Suki when she wants to play. I know I didn't socialize Ming Ming that much, so could that be the problem? And how long will it take before Ming Ming accepts her sister?

Bridget

kcsheperd

Well since this is a new opportunity for you, make sure you DO socialize Suki so you don't run into this again later..usually the dogs adapt, but it can take a long time, and sometimes they don't. Rally still doesn't like Payslee, and its been well over a year..He loved Sawyer immediately, so it all just depends on the personality type of the dog. Some respond to each other right away like matches made in heaven, others not so much. Make sure you give Ming a break from Suki if she wants it..Let Ming set the rules, meaning if she growls or barks at her, or doesn't want to be around her, thats okay. Don't dicipline Ming for those types of things..they will eventually work it out on their own, but sometimes it takes a lot of time and patience..And sometimes (like people) they just don't always get along, but they will learn to live with each other.

tzuhouse

Oh man, I had/have the same problem. Rudy came bouncing into our house, much to Josie's dismay. He ALWAYS wants to play and when he does he gets in Josie's face and barks, barks, barks his little head off. SOMEtimes, Josie will play with him WHEN he is quiet and all is well, but when she doesn't want to play is when he starts the barking and that pi##es her off to no end. Sometimes she will just "nail" him and he will run around the room and come RIGHT back in her face....He is now 8 months old and it STILL goes on. Sometimes when I see her getting really over the top mad, I will grab Rudy and just love him up and he is fine with that. When I put him down, he seems to have forgotten what he was doing.....GOOD LUCK !!!!