Hi

Wondered if anyone can give me some advise please. Oozy is now over 6 months old and a diamond cant fault him apart from one thing, which isnt so much a problem but could change into one maybe.

If im in the house and pop upstairs he will bark, whine and this morning howl till I come down, now the toilet is upstairs so obviously im gonna be leaving him occ lol, if someone else is down stair he will sit at the gat across stairs normally till I come down, but if other upstairs or im on my own he barks etc, once he see's me again he stops and is fine, now odd thing is when I go out and he goes in his pen area (large gated area with his soft crate, water bottle, toys etc) im out for a hour or 2 etc he is fine, he doesnt whine get upset ever, he plays, and sleeps good as gold.

I know he is a mummy's boy im with him the most plus I chose him and was 1st person to hold him, I drove him home etc, if im out and he is with hubby or kids he is fine, its just when I go upstairs.... any ideas?? I hate hearing him upset and if im getting ready for work (I work 2 days part time) its horrid hearing him upset. I did try bringing him upstairs but that was a nightmare lol we have wey to many stairs etc plus he found things to dangerous to nibble etc.

any ideas help would be great :birthday_toast:

Claudiabehr

Maz, Panda would do the same thing when I'd go upstairs to shower do I could even hear her through the water! Eventually, she realized each time I'd return and it stopped. I didn't do anything in particular......I just outwaited her and never came back down intil I was through.

FairyTail Josette

I would give him his new treat pyramid toy to play with whenever you go upstairs. This is a puppy behavior. Oozy will outgrow this. :evilgrin10:

I think it is typical puppy separation anxiety. He should get over it in time like Claudia said. Be sure when you GO upstairs AND when you return, do NOT make a big deal of it....don't pamper him when you come back in the room....they after a bit of course it is fine. But the less drama both before AND after the better. Same when you leave the house....I have to do that with mine when I come home....they go crazy if I dote over them, so I have learned to TOTALLY ignore them til they all calm down and then I love on them. They know that now and calm much faster.

Thanks everyone you've all reassured me which is great :evilgrin10:

its so odd cos if I go upstairs and daughter is downstairs and then she leaves for college he is fine he plays till I come down, its only when he see's me go upstairs he does this and I dont fuss him when I come down just walk past him, but will make sure I dont play with him for few minutes. I just get confused that he is happy for me to go out for few hours, but not for me to go upstairs for few miniutes :hysterical: