Lovie has been in time out this morning

LovieandHalo

Yep, it's not even 7am and Lovie has been in time out already. She's done this 3 times now since Halo came to our house. He pushes her nerves I know right now with the biting and play all the time but she just has to learn to deal with it like I do! She ends up getting agressive and then lunges for Halo, putting Halo in a yelping tizzy on his back. Yes, I agree Halo is going to be a pretty boy and dainty HOWEVER that is no reason for Lovie to do what she's doing. I have to pull her off him and my boyfriend said every time she growls, snarls or does this especially she goes in time out. Her time out is sitting on the couch in the den away from everyone else. She places well thank goodness and it's for about 10 min so I'm sure that is an eternity for dogs.

When it's over "Your done" is anounced and she jumps up and starts playing normal.

Boy my Saturday morning started great! This is worse than children. At this rate, I'm going to be a dog only parent!

Ming Ming and Suki's Momma

Natalie,

You are going through the same thing I am with my girls. Ming Ming started out that way with Suki, but eventually she came around. Now I see she give Suki some of her own medicine when she wants to play. Suki gets tired of Ming Ming now and I too have get Ming Ming off her at times. But you know I just watch them carefully when they do this and make sure Ming Ming doesn't go overboard with her and they would stop on their own and go to bed afterwards.

I guess this is a phase that they go through once a new puppy is in the house.

Good Luck!

LovieandHalo

Since it happened this morning, Halo is keeping his distance from Lovie. Of course now they are eating bones so Lovie WON'T let Halo near her with a bone so Halo knows to stay clear! :birthday_toast:

Boo and Gidgys Mom

In our house it is the puppy that wont leave Gaboo alone, and poor Gaboo just puts up with her hanging on him all the time. I can tell he doesn't like it much, but just deals with it. Just this morning they were running around, Gidget had a good grip on Gaboo's tail. He kept running and she wasn't letting go. If it's not the tail it's the ears. Poor gaboo just drags her around with her hanging on him. When I give them a milk bone, its another story. Gaboo will hide it and stand by to guard it. When she gets close he will jump at her and bark, chasing her away. They are fun to watch.