Izzy has been getting so scared lately

We took the pups camping a couple weeks ago and one of the days six friends from my husbands work came up. Izzy was acting super weird and would not get out from under my truck (parked right by our campsite) and if she did she would walk cowering and tail tucked. At the end of the day when they all went home Izzy was back to acting totally normal. So we figured there must have been someone in the group that she didn't like. Then yesterday my husbands parents came to spend the afternoon at our house. Izzy has seen them before but it's been about a month. Whatever room we were all in she was in another room. If we were in the backyard, Izzy was in the house. It was so odd. My 13yr old was at a friends house so adding my in-laws made it 7 people in the house when normally there are 6 between me, my husband and 4 daughters.

Now Izzy acts perfectly fine when we have loads of kids over she only has been acting weird when it's adults. I figured we just need to keep exposing her to adults and she'll eventually warm and not act terrified. Am I right in my thinking? It's just so odd that we've never noticed this behavior before. In fact Izzy is typically a super spaz when people come over acting super excited trying to get the new person to love on her and pay attention to her. But now she's hiding.

Kristen were you able to determine if it was men OR women or both??? I would have the people she is fearing give her loads of treats so she will see them as "good" treat givers....it may take awhile, but she should come around. Good luck. Poor baby, I hate it when they have fears..

I have no idea I didn't really pay attention to if it was the men or women she was fearing more. I will pay closer attention next time. My "guess" is men just because there were more guys then girls who came when we were camping. But when my MIL and FIL were over it was one of each LOL. Good idea about the treats....she's ALL ABOUT treats so that's a good idea.

Well I had a friend over today so I figured I'd try out the treat idea. I had my friend feed her 2 treats and Izzy happily took them from her and then took off to go hide. I wouldn't say that it was successful today, but I'm hoping with time she'll come around. She is such a crazy spaz for us it's just so odd seeing her so scared and nervous.

kcsheperd

Payslee went through a "fear" phase too about 6 months ago.. I had no idea what brought it on, but like Izzy she was scared of large men, & certain sounds.. I just kept taking her on the therapy visits, and letting men give her treats & love her, and Now she is out of it and not bothered by it.. A balloon popped on one visit & that scared her bad, but eventally she calmed down..but ive found that she will tolerate a 'fear' factor a couple of times & I can calm her down & get her back, but if the sound keeps happening (like when they blow up balloons and it makes that squeaking sound) then she will shut down and be done with the whole situation..so I do think they just kinda go through phases..