Fetch has taken an interesting turn around here! I taught Oliver to fetch the day I brought him home, and he seems to prefer toys that are balls or 'ball-like.' We've been playing fetch several times a day, both outdoors and indoors for over a year. He still chases his toys and brings them back when I throw them inside, but lately when we're outside he chases after it, then runs to another part of the yard with it, lies down, drops it and waits. At first I tried calling him to me, but he wouldn't budge. I decided it wasn't a good idea to call him if he wasn't going to come (he always comes running when I call him in any other situation) so I started going to him, picking up the toy and throwing it. Now I'm the one fetching! He has me trained now, the stubborn little smarty pants! :hysterical:

Chloe's Mama

Yeah, fetch was one of the first things Chloe has learned. She brings the toy to me most, if not all of the time. We're working on sit now and she's been doing pretty well.

I think they all end up training US....LOL

You were smart to not call him, knowing he wouldn't come....

mr.coffee

LOL! Yeah, they figure out pretty quickly how to get us to do what they want. Harley likes to throw things off the bed or couch and make us pick them up. :pray:

-m