Possessive of everyone, not good.

Jemma has developed owning issue. she thinks she owns everything. Example. My son is staying with me on a temp. basis. If I walk towards him and start to talk she runs and jumps on his lap and starts growling and barking. But her tail is wagging. I tell her no and although she is growling she will start licking my face hands. Now she does it when anyone. If she is on my lap she also will do that to others. Yesterday I went up to visit my Dad and took Jemma with me. Well she doesn't know my Dad well but don't you know she did the same thing? Jumped on my Dad's lap and started the growling and barking but I went over to her, again she started the licking. grrrr. suggestions and help would be welcomed for sure. She also goes CRAZY when she hears a car pull in the driveway or she sees my son walking up the steps. She acts like a crazy bat out of hell

Lap sitting does not seem to be a good thing for her. Put her down--stand up if you must. She's NOT the boss of the world.

Agree....don't let her be in the position to be so possessive. and IF she even starts to growl or bark, immediately stand and put her on the floor saying "no" at the same time, then EVERYONE totally ignore her. Hopefully she will forget that little nasty habit. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for asking. She still does it but much more under control. That is still not acceptable to me. So I am still continuing the training. Now I give her nothing unless she earns it. Even dinner, she must sit or lay down, then I will give her the ok to go eat. She has to do for me first before I do for her. It is a lot better, but more work needs to be done and now I have a 18 month shih tzu coming.

She will get better. You are doing the right thing.