Hubby's in a Tizzy..

Is there an eye rolling smilie around here? :) Ahhh there we go. Perfect, lol.

So Dave took Finnley outside to potty, he pottied.. they came back inside.. and we tried laying down for a nap. We take a nap (most) afternoons around here. With Dave having TBI, he's absolutely exhausted ALL the time, so we take a nap with him more often than not. The light isn't off for two minutes before the waft of the unmistakable smell of poo hit us. OMG are you SERIOUS?!

Our bed is high.. I put both boys on the bed, set the alarm for an hour and a half, and we take them out directly before AND after our nap.. we've done this every day for eight weeks.. and aside from one potty early on, and one vomit a couple weeks ago, (Oi), we haven't had any incidents. Finn poo'd early this morning, and usually poo's late at night before bed, but a midday poo surprised us, and whyyyy didn't he go when he had JUST been out and paraded around our ginormous back yard, I don't know?!

But Dave is convinced that Finn and I destroyed his nap, and have detroyed his life.... lol. (Now, it's not completely unreasonable for Dave to be a little unreasonable at times, but I think he really believes that this time, lol/, *sigh* So the comforter is in the wash, and Dave has missed his nap, and is fuming over on the couch flipping channels, and none of us are happy. What a bad afternoon. Every time I think we're making headway with this potty training thing, we have a MASSIVE set back. :blush-anim-cl:

:) Don't think I haven't thought about it, lol.... We call Finn Piss Pot, so it would sure come in handy. But I refuse to do it. I know that won't teach him anything but more baaad habits. *sigh*

Amy you have my sympathy totally! My other half was less than impressed when he let the pups out of the playpen this evening. They all piled out and I'm sure each one of them took a pee on the floor on the way out..and ran through it. Two poo's later he put them all back in the pen again, he'd had enough lol

I Looove those diapers! We could use a few boxes here :) *Wonders if they do them in teeny size*

You have all my sympathy, dear. Hopefully, he will get over it before long and all will be well.

Potty training is very frustrating. Sam is 7 1/2 months old and only in the past week has he started letting me know when he needs to go out. I got him at 5 1/2 months old and he poo-ed on my bed once during the first week, but hasn't done it again. Hang in there...

Awww I'm right there with you. The FI isn't much on "dogs" to begin with but he knows that they are the loves of my life (son included in that love list of course :mf_seehearspeak: ) so he tolerates them and occassionally even breaks out the baby talk while playing with them, (oh shoot I promised him that I would never let that one loose) . But the one thing that will set him off faster than anything is the "accidents" Titus has been fully trained since 5 months but we have noticed that Maya isn't picking up as well as Titus did. And oh boy the FI's fuse is running a bit short on that subject.

I'm SO glad some of you know exactly where I'm coming from.. My first 'son' was a dream to potty train in comparison to my new little monster, LOL. But my hubby is less than understanding, and don't get me wrong, I'M WICKED Frustrated as well, but whyyy are we fighting about the accidents of a BABY? *sigh* :mf_seehearspeak: LOL..

I'm hoping we get this soon. I had ((hoped)) we'd already be getting close by now. I didn't realize.. but that may have been a tad unrealistic. Just because Tucker was a potty prodigy, and learned the ropes at three months doesn't mean the new little one will. I have to keep reminding myself that he's just sixteen weeks old, and he.will.get.this..!!! Even if it kills us.. haha.

Okay, seriously.......... have there been any documented cases of divorce by way of puppy potty training?! :) My hubby informed me last night that he neeeeever wanted a second puppy, and only agreed (happily) to one, because he didn't want to make me mad... LOL. *siiiiggggh* Needless to say: Poor Finn and Mommy are getting the cold shoulder today.

Wicket's mom

I feel your pain. Every time anyone of my 3 do anything bad, my DH get's mad and says it's my fault, he never wanted 3 dogs. If ever any of them are sick before I get home he won't even clean it up, he just leaves it the for when I get back (because now that we have 3 dogs he's not taking any responsibility of any dog duties anymore) It's very frustrating!! ...and as you can see sometimes unsanitary...

I'm sorry Angela. :head_hurts_kr: That sounds pretty familiar though, sadly. The last couple days, I've been taking care of Finn solo, and getting a lot of crisp attitude from my hubby. I'm sure he'll warm up, once I get my baby bug potty trained, Good God, I hope he gets it soon, lol... but yeah, a pretty immature attitude to have, in my opinion. Mean men.

Ironically, having Finn's care all to myself for three days, we've only had ONE accident, and that was a couple hours ago.. we came home, and I snuck in to see what he was doing before he saw me, (I was worried because he throws such a hissy puppy fit when we leave and when we come home, I wanted to see if he was calm when no one was looking and he was asleep, and I probably scared him, so he peed all over his kennel... ;) lol). I'm not holding that one against him though, maybe it was my fault? *sigh* I'm tired of pee though, that's for sure.

I got spoiled with my oldest.. we had him fully potty trained in two months. We've only had the puppy for a little over two months, but he's not getting it at ALL yet, lol.. Ugh.

emmasmom

Just a thought, but maybe he's feeling the tension? If he is, he's going to be peeing even more in the house, imo. RELAX!!!! I know, easier said, than done.....but try it. The worst that can happen is, well, nothing will change. LOL! Just relax, take a deep breath.....take him out EVERY hour, don't leave him alone in a room for even a minute, unless kenneled & put him on a leash when you are taking him out to potty. He doesn't come in unless he goes! Yes, it will be time consuming, but you have to be more stuborn than he is! Been there, done that.....but it worked!

Good luck!!! With the pup & hubby! LOL!

Kae+Gizzy

Ahh I hope he comes around soon Amy.

My other half has now said he doesn't want the 2 little pups sleeping in the bedroom with us when the other babies go to their new homes. It's gone in one ear and straight out of the other hehe, I pretended I didn't hear a word. He will come around I'm sure, if he doesn't I reverting to sulking!

mr.coffee

Have you tried a clicker? I found that really helped get over the hump with Harley. Also, are you treating accidents with Nature's Miracle?

-m

Yay questions and what nots. I love questions. :) (I think I over use this smilie, haha.. but I love it, lol).

Yes, we use nature's miracle, and we try to clean accidents up VERY well.

Finn has been tethered to my ankle for the last five miserable weeks, (the first three weeks were worse though, he would have an average of four accidents in a day.. I SWEAR he has the bladder of a gnat). Now we have an everage of one accident every two days..ish. Some days seem more trying than others. The other night he had an accident, we took him right out, he didn't go, we came in, hubby was mad.. so I took him with me while I showered, and he had another accident.. fifteen minutes after having an accident. I dont even know where he GETS all this potty sometimes...!!

We set a timer.. for every hour and five minutes, and we take him out every hour that he's awake. When he's asleep, we streth it to two hours. I LOVE when he's asleep, lol. I am so sick of this leash around my leg, and this beeping timer going off every hour, you have no idea how fast that seems when you live by it for weeks.

He always goes out on the leash, and if it's nice, and if he pottied, then he gets to chase Tucker around the yard for a few minutes, but if he doesn't go, back inside, wait fifteen minutes, back out again, always tethered to my leg in the house. HE MAYBE gets five minutes.. two-three times a day on inside, supervised run like a crazy man off leash sessions, and those are typicalls when he'll have his accidents, though not always. I can be sitting on the floor with him, and he's just been out, we'll be watching hoarders or something silly on tv, and he'll just.. go potty.. right beside me, sno warning, just because he didn't have anything better to do? There are toys, treats, his brother.. and I don't know what his problem is sometimes.

I've thought about limiting his water, but Shihs play, lick, chew..hard, and I just hate the thought of cutting his water down.. :( But I dunno, it seems like he's a limitless bag of potty, lolol.. I'm getting pretty frustrated, not gonna lie. Finn's been here.. nine weeks, and it seems as though he's learned nothing in the way of housetraining.

Oh, and we do clicker training in his puppy kindergarten class.. he's learned how to sit and lay down, and watch me on command.. as well as leave it, and take it. We're making good progress on loose leash walking, but we haven't tried potty training on a clicker. I don't think he has a problem though with knowing what we want outside. He goes out, he goes potty, he gets his praise and his treats, he gets to play, we go inside and he's a pro at going outside. It's just that.. he has no problems going in the house too, and that's where our frustrations mostly lie..

emmasmom

Amy, that's got to be so frustrating for you, but, he's still a baby. Time will hopefully solve the problem, I hear some are almost a year old before they are potty trained. I know, not what you want to hear! LOL! But, just a thought.....has he been checked for a possible UTI? I suppose it's a possiblity, but really think it's just that he's still young.

Good luck!

Kae+Gizzy

Gizmo was way past a year old before her was potty trained.

I remember praising him for pooing on the road and passers by were looking at me as if I was crazy. I'm sure Finn will get the hang of it, some are quick learners others (like giz) take a lot more time. Sometimes we would spend an hour out walking and he wouldn't go, but as soon as we got home and closed the door he would run straight into the lounge and go on the floor! He did get the hang of it in the end.

I'm not sure what all he's been checked for, truth be told, but probably not. That doesn't sound like something they check for in standard puppy visits. I can ask them about it, but I'm sure it's just because he's a baby with a baby bladder, lol. I just expected him to be able to hold it two hours by now.. or even three. Don't they say that they're able to hold it for one hour for every month they've been alive? And he's four months now.. but sometimes he still doesn't make it. Ergh.

Over night, he does better. We set the alarm for four hours to take him out, but he usually wakes us up after three hours.. and then again two hours later. And then two hours after that he's hungry, and no one sleeps unless Mom gets up. (And the the little brats will lay down at my feet and sleep. I'm like.. I could have been in bed, but nooooo, lol). Rotten dogs.