tzukeeper

Since the arrival of my Sailor baby my Munky monster has started marking. This is driving me crazy :roflmao: I'm going to try using belly bands on him. Anyone have any experience using them....which ones are good....which ones should I avoid? Any advice will be much appreciated :D

"MUNKY MONSTER"

2008_1126Nov2720080030.jpg

Tracy...

I have never personally used them, (um, I'm a girl) HA! Jk...

Seriously though, I have a GF who has a couple male Peke's who she was trying to potty train and she mentioned using them with great success...

Here is where she bought hers: Click on link ----> http://www.pekeatzurescue.com/bellybands.htm

It's through the Peke A Tzu rescue site and all purchases go towards housing, feeding and medical expenses at this rescue facility.

They are a non profit organization, who's main goal is to give these precious unwanted, abandoned and abused babies, good forever homes.

I love this place!!

I ordered the Puppy Panties for Bristol and I talked to the lady on the phone and she mailed them the same day. Great work she also has the Belly bands, her prices are the BEST I have seen!!! I will post a pic. later. Check out this Web site ;-) We are going on Vacation soon and taking pups with us and I will use these.

http://www.pocos-usa.com/Products.html

Edited by MaryBebo

Belly Bands are a great invention. We use them all the time. We have a 8-lb Yorkie, Yorkie's are terriers and terriers are markers, and they love to mark, everything. We can just have went for a 30min walk, and 15 min after we're inside our Yorkie goes to mark, I just watch him because he does have the belly band on. I bought some really cute ones for travel, called tinkle belts, their really cute for small dogs. My mother also sews and made a lot for our pups. My 13-lb Shih Tzu rarely needs them at all, he's not a marker and is house broken. The only time I really concern myself is when my Shih Tzu is sick or on med, then I try to make sure he has a tinkle belt on because we've had some interesting side effects when he has had to take medicine so he wears them then. I also have them wear them when we're at hotels.

For training these are heaven sent. I picked up my Shih Tzu when he was 7 & 1/2 weeks old and at that age, they have no idea they have to go, so until their little bladders develop, you have a Shih Tzu that is peeing all over you, guest and everything else. They have no idea they are peeing, it's just dribbling every where. I use to watch Patches and we would be playing and all of a sudden he'd get this funny look on his face, as if to say what the??? Then as time past, we would be playing and I notice he would stop like something is wrong, then he'd try to look down under him and I knew he had to go, so I would open the door and he would go flying out the door, but it took a while for his bladder to develop and tinkle belts/belly bands works well.

We use pads in ours, the incontinence ones, they are best at keeping the dog dry and keeping the urine away from their skin so they don't develop a rash. Our Yorke gets changed and washed frequently, poor little guy, but he has very little bladder control and we can't let him go around peeing up the place. I also don't want to see him crated for most of his life either, so belly bands works well for training, sick dogs, older dogs, training, markers and tiny dogs 8-lb dogs that just can't hold it.

We use pads in ours, the incontinence ones, they are best at keeping the dog dry and keeping the urine away from their skin so they don't develop a rash. Our Yorke gets changed and washed frequently, poor little guy, but he has very little bladder control and we can't let him go around peeing up the place. I also don't want to see him crated for most of his life either, so belly bands works well for training, sick dogs, older dogs, training, markers and tiny dogs 8-lb dogs that just can't hold it.

That's what my GF does..... I forgot to mention that!

She gets the peel and stick pads (they stay in place on the belly band) that have the "EH HEM...." Extra absorbency factor....LOL

Edited by Apeke
tzukeeper

Thank you all for your input. I will be ordering some this evening when I get off of work. Hopefully this issue will resolve soon.

Mary, I love the choices and designs of the panties in your link. My boys don't mark, but Zinnia wears panties when in heat and in hotels. I do hope to get or keep a puppy for breeding, since Zinnia will be retired after this litter, so will bookmark this site. Thank you!

Mary, I love the choices and designs of the panties in your link. My boys don't mark, but Zinnia wears panties when in heat and in hotels. I do hope to get or keep a puppy for breeding, since Zinnia will be retired after this litter, so will bookmark this site. Thank you!

Your Welcome! ;-) I do use the Belly Bands for Buttons as he does try to mark when we go visit a diffrent place. They are great & he doesn't mind wearing them. I do use a mini pad cut in half and they really do absorb. My hubby forgot to take the belly band off and walked the dogs and when he got in the house he realized it and it really was soaked but the band it's self was dry. Our Cricket marks too , so I got her one for our trip and she is fine with wearing it. It makes going places worry free :chickendance: Also when they are in heat and your not wanting to breed these will be great.

Love the POCOS Pet Products

tzukeeper

I ended up purchasing three off of Ebay for $14.99. They are flannel lined with a waterproof barrier sewn in between the layers of flannel. They also have a bit of elastic at the belly for a better fit...I hope. I will use pads inside of them. Here is a picture of the bands I ordered :chickendance:

CFggTLgBmkKGrHqUOKoYE0gKMDpUBNVVtZRsQ_3.

Those look really good too! NICE! and a very good price too!

I ended up purchasing three off of Ebay for $14.99. They are flannel lined with a waterproof barrier sewn in between the layers of flannel. They also have a bit of elastic at the belly for a better fit...I hope. I will use pads inside of them. Here is a picture of the bands I ordered :chickendance:

Those are adorable Tracy. I love the ones with the paws on them! You may still want to get some think liners for them though, I would think the flannel would absorb and wet the entire inside of the band, wetting more parts of the body than you want!

Or do they have a STOP section to them to prevent the moisture from absorbing throughout the inside lining, I wonder.

Well at any rate, those are so cute!

Sailor is going to be stylin' LOL

luvmybabies

Most belly bands you line with a incontinent pad (Poise). For the little dogs cut it in half. This wicks the urine away from the skin and hair. If you line them with something that is waterproof you're liable to burn their skin or damage their hair as then they have to sit in the urine. If you leave the band on so long that they pee through the pad it has been on way too long. You don't just put a belly band on and forget it! Check and change regularly. My little malt that I bought at a year old had belly band problems before I got him. They twisted up some of the side hair and shaved the rest. This broke all the hair along the top part (they pinned his hair there and they shaved too far up it didn't leave enough to cover the sides. When I got him she gave me two bands and a big jar of DIAPER RASH CREAM. He didn't have a rash when I got him but she admitted he had had one. As she put Kotex pads in hers she had obviously encountered a rash problem from the skin sitting in an overfilled Kotex. It took a long time before I got his hair nice.....I took off and left off his belly band. I am still having problems with him marking and it has been three years since I got him. I occasionally put them on.....I'll call him and ask if he wants his panties on and he comes racing to me. It means he can be allowed full run of the house and he loves this. My Benji used to just stand and pee as does Connor. A couple of months ago he started lifting his leg to mark and sometimes does this in the house. So I just ordered some belly bands for him till we get past this. I posted another link for belly bands and pee pads under the Piddle Pad thread.