Guys, I'm FREAKING out!

loewenthal.anna

loewenthal.anna

So, we have a BRAND NEW program on our local FOX syndicate called "Gracie's Friends" which is "hosted" by a golden retriever named Gracie, and some obscure actor and aims to provide media attention for rescue dogs in our area.

AND. . . Andy and Major are going to be filmed for it tonight!! Andy is actually "placed" but we couldn't get Red on with such short notice (apparently the teleprompters need 48 hours to learn their lines. . .??) but we've decided any interest he drums up we'll try to "sell" them on Red, so it all works out!

What I am FREAKING OUT about is that only now that I have my release form signed and in hand did I fully realize I will be FILMED FOR TELEVISION with the dogs!!! GAHH! I may be outgoing, I may really believe in the cause, and I may be well spoken, but I am NOT NOT NOT keen on being filmed! But Andy needs me, he won't show well with a stranger. So, wish me luck everyone!

If a trip on stage I PROMISE to send everyone a link to the Youtube sensation! :chuckysmom:

WOW!!! Good luck. I am sure you will do great! Let us know how it went

(what a great idea for a show/they should start that everywhere)

JasperandAkira'smom

Wow Anne you are going to be a star! LOL I think you will do fine and you know your furfriends need you. GOOD LUCK!

luvmybabies

Great, Anna. I've seen a similar show here. Dogs are much more likely to be adopted when they are viewed by a much larger group than just ones seeing them on the internet if they happen upon them. Also, the audience gets to see how the dog interacts first hand. Wish you lots of luck, especially with Andy!

Good luck! Thats so great for him!

Break a leg! (Just. . . don't. . . . barf) Congratulations to you and your work with rescues!

Good Luck!!! Don't Freekout, haveFun!!! :)

FairyTail Josette

You will do terrific, Anna! I'm glad you will be on the show, too, as, it will help with the adoption. Viewers can see firsthand how loveable and smart, etc. the dog is with your expertise and handling. I know you will really....sorry, to use this term, "sell" the dog to the public...but, you will. We have a local rescue org that picks a dog per week to showcase on the noon news. Oh, it's awful. They sit in suits and heels in an office setting and the poor dog just lays on the floor with the interaction being a pat on the head now and then during the "interview" process. Ugh. Good luck and break a leg! :) Can't wait to see the film footage!

Stop trying to hide your light under a bushel, Anna :) You'll be great!

kcsheperd

Awesome! Let us know how it goes!! I bet you do great! Payslee was in a video on Monday for our therapy dog organization..she did great..the whole time I'm thinking "Do I have stuff on my face"..lol..

Chloe'sMom

That is so cool! I really hope it helps find homes for lots of furbabies! Good luck!

loewenthal.anna

Aww, THANKS GUYS!

I may not have posted right before, but all your words of encouragement helped me TONS when I was getting ready! Here's how it went:

AWESOME!!!!!

Major was crazy easy and everyone on set loved him and Andy! Andy did SO WELL! I had to walk him up, and actually ended up kneeling next to the host (I am the only foster parent on the show now, yipes!) with treats to get andy to interact, but everyone watching the screen said he showed REALLY well!

The show comes on at 8:30 AM this Sunday, but I need to figure out if it's posted online anywhere or if I need to tape it since it's on FOX Wilmington, which is only played very locally. I'll keep y'all updated!

JasperandAkira'smom

:) I knew you could do it Anna! Way to go Andy and Major!!!

Woo hoo! We know you'd do AWESOME!