meggaloo87

My dog wont stop pulling carpet pieces up! He's ruining the carpet, and I rent so this can get expensive. HELP!!!!!

Remove him from the carpet area, give him a fabulous toy instead, and show him how to play with it. When he goes near the carpet, distract him with a toy. Cover his favorite chewing place with a board or something. You must nip this in the bud, besides he could get carpet fiber into his digestive system and you're looking at possible surgery.

ShihtzuBeauty

Remove him from the carpet area, give him a fabulous toy instead, and show him how to play with it. When he goes near the carpet, distract him with a toy. Cover his favorite chewing place with a board or something. You must nip this in the bud, besides he could get carpet fiber into his digestive system and you're looking at possible surgery.

Ditto, Very dangerous. Not only possible surgery but death.

JasperandAkira'smom

When mine were younger they tore up my bathroom carpet doing this, so I blocked them out of any rooms with carpet unless I could be right with them. When I was with them and they started it I would say a firm NO and give them a toy they could chew. It took awhile but I have no issues with it now(thank God) because we had just laid new carpet in our livingroom before we got them.

mr.coffee

Harley doesn't pull carpet, but he plucks the fur off of his favorite animals. O_o I'm only hopeful that he gets it in small enough portions that it's passed.

-m