Not a Shih Tzu, But Really Needs Help

Chloe'sMom

Please, help save this poor Cocker-poo! Her owners are both in the hospital and are being moved to long term care facilities. Boogie is currently staying at their house ALONE with NO HEAT. She is getting food brought to her once or twice a week. The family just ran out of dog food, and I am not sure if they are buying more.

To make matters worse, Boogie has cataracts in both eyes and is TOTALLY BLIND! We have contacted over 30 shelters and there are no no-kill shelters that will accept her and being a "special needs" dog, she will be at the top of the bad list at kill shelters.

PLEASE, help me find a foster or forever home for this sweet little dog!

We are in Oxford, MS but will travel to Jackson, TN this week for Thanksgiving. I am willing to drive an hour from either place, but due to finances cannot provide more transportation than that.

I foster lots of small critters, so I cannot keep dogs with any hunting instinct.

JasperandAkira'smom

Oh my...I will be praying that you will be able to find her a forever home.

Happy Update!!

A shelter I contacted an hour away from us gave a volunteer our information and she contacted us about adopting Boogie!

We brought her over yesterday. The family has two daughters (5 and 6) who love their new "puppy" and a 12 year old poodle who just happens to be blind in one eye. So, they have experience with dogs with vision disabilities!

Boogie's new mom emailed me last night to let me know she has already made their house home. She didn't quit wagging her tail until she curled up with the oldest daughter to go to sleep at bedtime!

They are calling the vet today to make an appointment for her updated shots and to check on a possible eye infection and *pray* see if they can restore some of Boogie's vision through cataract surgery (if it is not way too expensive or they can get her on a pet insurance that will cover it). I know it is unlikely, but we will hope for the best!

I love happy endings!

JasperandAkira'smom

I am so glad to hear this, I have been praying that Boogie would find a family.