The Crate and My Poor Izzy

My poor little Izzy is turning out to be such a sweet little baby but has one problem. She is now starting to go in her crate to peepee and poop and I'm not talking about when she is crated while we're at work. I'm talking about when we are home and she gets to run around and have a good time. It is mind boggling why she choose to do this in her crate. Every time I see her entering her crate I run her outside. Come back in and not more than 15 mintues later find her trying to use the bathroom in her crate again. She is 4.5 months old so I know we are still in the process of her learning to hold her bladder while she is crated during the day, and believe me there are days we find nothing in her crate and days we find that she couldn't hold it. But not sure why she goes in there opposed to outside when we're home. I thought they didn't like soiling where they slept. She is currently on anitbiotics, does this play a part in urinating more frequently??......................HELP !!! Any and all advice very much appreciated.

Also, an update on Izzy growling (showing teeth) and nipping. She is doing wonderful now.....Not sure if it was a thing were she was trying to find her place in the pack or being scared, but I think she is going to turn out to be a loving little thing. Had those few incidents at first but none since just pure love and licks from her now :debbi: .

JasperandAkira'smom

I had problems with mine using the crate as a restroom also. Now they will not even go in the crate at all. I didn't understand it either, but now that the crate is gone they go on their mat infront of the door if we are not home. I am not sure if the medication has anything to do with it or not. I am glad Izzy is doing much better with her behavior!!! It is kinda of scary when we don't know what the cause of growling and nipping, Jasper has an issue with men and other dogs at times and I have been very worried and we are working on it every chance I can.

Thanks Nikki, at least I know I'm not the only one going through this. My husband jokes around saying "at least she's not messing on the carpet"...I guess I could look at it that way :)

JasperandAkira'smom

I hope things work out for you!